Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My electrician is coming Thurs to install an additional 100A subpanel, and

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 16:52:35 -0400, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Before that oil crisis it seemed the most houses had very little to no
insulation on it. Dad had his 6 room house worked over (it was built
before WW2) around 1960 and an oil furnace put in to replace two oil
burning stoves. I remember he saying it was a 100,000 btu unit. It did
do a good job of keeping the house warm even though there was no
insulation in the walls. Not sure about the cealing.

My house was built in 1959. No insulation, except the attic. Chicago suburb.
The attic has about 8" of what looks like rock wool, probably put in later.
It's brick, and the outer walls are drywall on furring. I was going to frame and insulate
those walls, but since fracking my heating/AC costs aren't high enough to justify
that. If I remodel my kitchen, I will frame/insulate the outside wall.