Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Half A Billion Bees Drop Dead In Brazil Amid Jump In Pesticide Use

"Making farmers great again not just in Brazil but also in the
US could be an uphill battle, as the unintended consequences
of deregulating pesticides have led to a global bee apocalypse."

That's ok. I'm sure Antifa and the leftists will get right on it.

Right Shadow?

=========================

Half A Billion Bees Drop Dead In Brazil Amid Jump In Pesticide Use

Mon, 08/19/2019 - 21:35

Bee apocalypse has unfolded in four of Brazil's southern states in 1Q19.
More than half a billion bees died earlier this year, in a short period,
experts are suggesting that pesticides are likely to be blamed, reported
Bloomberg.

Around half a billion bees dropped dead in 4 of Brazil's southern
states in the first few months of this year. Samples showed most of the
dead had been poisoned with Fipronil, a insecticide proscribed in the
EU, classified as a possible human carcinogen by the U.S. EPA (thread)
- Bruce Douglas (@bruceecurb) August 19, 2019

Most of the dead bees had traces of Fipronil, an insecticide classified
by the European Union and the US Environmental Protection Agency as a
human carcinogen.

Since President Jair Bolsonaro took control in January, the Ministry of
Agriculture has approved sales of a record 290 pesticides, up 27% YoY
for the same period. There's also a bill sitting in Congress that would
dramatically decrease pesticide standards.

Brazilian companies such as Cropchem and Ouro Fino, as well as major
international firms including Syngenta, Monsanto, BASF and Sumitomo,
have recently won new pesticide registrations.

Data from the United Nations discovered Brazil's pesticide use jumped
770% from 1990 to 2016.

Brazil's health watchdog Anvisa recently published a food-safety report
which found 20% of samples contained pesticide residues above government
accepted levels.

Why have more than 500,000,000 bees dropped dead in Brazil so far
this year? pic.twitter.com/CKWMt4JABI
- Bloomberg TicToc (@tictoc) August 19, 2019

Bloomberg noted that Anvisa's test didn't even include glyphosate, one
of Brazil's best-selling pesticide, which is outlawed in at least a
dozen countries around the world.

"The death of all these bees is a sign that we're being poisoned,"
said Carlos Alberto Bastos, president of the Apiculturist Association of
Brazil's Federal District.

At least 18% of Brazil's economy is agriculture. And it makes sense why
President Bolsonaro is relaxing pesticide rules; he's trying to spark an
economic boom by deregulating chemical standards for farmers.

"This is your government," Bolsonaro told legislators from the
agriculture caucus, and his administration has even allowed farmers this
year to use whatever pesticides they want.

Greenpeace said 40% of Brazil's pesticides are "highly or extreme highly
toxic," and 32% of them aren't allowed in the European Union.

Marina Lacorte, a coordinator at Greenpeace Brazil, told Bloomberg that
new approvals for pesticides are being rushed through without proper
examination from experts.

"There isn't another explanation for it, other than politics," she
said.

Making farmers great again was a campaign commitment for Bolsonaro. He
even told farmers that he was going to ease pesticide restrictions.

Andreza Martinez, manager for regulation at Sindiveg, a group
representing pesticide producers, told Bloomberg about half of the new
approvals are ingredients, not final products. This is due to insects
developing resistance to legacy formulas.

"It brings more tools to farmers, but that doesn't mean an increase
in the use of products in the field," she said.

The increased, and sometimes untested chemicals, however, alarms
toxicologists. "The higher the number of products, the lower our chances
of safety, because you can't control them all," said Silvia Cazenave, a
professor of toxicology at the Catholic Pontifical University of
Campinas.

It's not just the bees who are being poisoned -- it's also humans, the
health ministry said. More than 15,000 cases of agricultural pesticide
were seen in 2018, a likely underreported figure.

President Trump has also been approving new pesticides that are
dangerous to bees.

A new report showed US beekeepers lost 40% of their colonies in the past
year, raising fresh concerns that pesticides are poisoning farmlands.

Making farmers great again not just in Brazil but also in the US could
be an uphill battle, as the unintended consequences of deregulating
pesticides have led to a global bee apocalypse.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-pesticide-use
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/19/19 10:47 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Half A Billion Bees Drop Dead In Brazil Amid Jump In Pesticide Use

Mon, 08/19/2019 - 21:35

Bee apocalypse has unfolded in four of Brazil's southern states in 1Q19.
More than half a billion bees died earlier this year, in a short period,
experts are suggesting that pesticides are likely to be blamed, reported
Bloomberg.

Pesticides and GMO crops are totally safe. You should spray every meal with some roundup.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Scientist wrote:

On 8/19/19 10:47 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Half A Billion Bees Drop Dead In Brazil Amid Jump In Pesticide Use

Mon, 08/19/2019 - 21:35

Bee apocalypse has unfolded in four of Brazil's southern states in 1Q19.
More than half a billion bees died earlier this year, in a short period,
experts are suggesting that pesticides are likely to be blamed, reported
Bloomberg.

Pesticides and GMO crops are totally safe. You should spray every
meal with some roundup.

How else are you going to feed 8 billion people?

But no. We don't have too many people...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 09:19:46 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Scientist wrote:

On 8/19/19 10:47 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Half A Billion Bees Drop Dead In Brazil Amid Jump In Pesticide Use

Mon, 08/19/2019 - 21:35

Bee apocalypse has unfolded in four of Brazil's southern states in 1Q19.
More than half a billion bees died earlier this year, in a short period,
experts are suggesting that pesticides are likely to be blamed, reported
Bloomberg.

Pesticides and GMO crops are totally safe. You should spray every
meal with some roundup.

How else are you going to feed 8 billion people?

But no. We don't have too many people...

And State-sponsored family planning is SO left-wing, no WAY
it'll be adopted.
Our birth rate reached it's minimum in Lula's term, with free
pills, IUDs, surgical sterilization (if you had 2 children or more)
and condoms.
Now people are having as many children as possible. Bolsonaro
has put retirement age ABOVE life-expectancy, so people need the
children to care for them when they are too old to work. People always
adapt, even to absurd, I mean logical right wing policies.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:47:37 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

"Making farmers great again not just in Brazil but also in the
US could be an uphill battle, as the unintended consequences
of deregulating pesticides have led to a global bee apocalypse."

That's ok. I'm sure Antifa and the leftists will get right on it.

Right Shadow?

I prefer the term center-left, but WTF, call it what you want.
Antifa? If you mean Amerikan, I'll take that as an insult, but if it's
"Anti-Fascist", of course I am. Who isn't, apart from Nazis and
Trumpets?

Funny you should worry about our country's downfall. Our
neighbor was complaining the other day that her entire orchard died
because the neighbor used some strong herbicide that used to be
illegal. It even killed her 100 year old Jaboticaba trees. She had
20 head of cattle, but organized crime drove in one day, put her
livestock on a truck and drove off. All wearing hoods, military gear
and military rifles. Militia RuLeZ. They left the pasture, though, so
I suppose she can eat that. Police too scared to even investigate.

All kinds of animals like inambus, codornas and perdizes,
which used to be abundant, have disappeared. They feed on insects, no
insects, they die. And wild ducks and pigeons are dying by the
millions due to seeds treated with DDT and Aldrin.

The only consolation I have is that the country that planned
the COUP that caused all the destruction imports our carcinogenic
products. Eye for an eye and all that. Oh sht, I'm becoming a bible
thumper.
Thanks for the article. Our press didn't even mention it.
Got anything else I can post in soc.culture.brazil ?
TIA
[]'s

=========================

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 9:16:24 AM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:
Scientist wrote:

On 8/19/19 10:47 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Half A Billion Bees Drop Dead In Brazil Amid Jump In Pesticide Use

Mon, 08/19/2019 - 21:35

Bee apocalypse has unfolded in four of Brazil's southern states in 1Q19.
More than half a billion bees died earlier this year, in a short period,
experts are suggesting that pesticides are likely to be blamed, reported
Bloomberg.

Pesticides and GMO crops are totally safe. You should spray every
meal with some roundup.

How else are you going to feed 8 billion people?

But no. We don't have too many people...

That piece is another example of what comes out of the one screwball challenge
that your PC is connected to. It tries to draw a connection between Bolsnaro
taking office in January and bees dying in the next three months. Hello?
That would be something, for a president anywhere to be able to change things
so fast, so dramatically, to have that cause and effect be linked.
Like he did something, all the farmers immediately went out and started
spraying new chemicals, the bees immediately died.
Further, the figure is meaningless without some baseline. What is the normal
amount of bees that are expected to die in that period? This sounds more
like colony collapse disorder, the cause of which still remains a mystery.
But don't let science and facts stand in the way of a good hit piece.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

How else are you going to feed 8 billion people?

But no. We don't have too many people...

That piece is another example of what comes out of the one
screwball challenge that your PC is connected to.

More than half of world’s forest wildlife lost in 40 years, study finds

Wednesday 14 August 2019

The amount of wildlife in the world’s forests has plummeted by more than
half (53 per cent) in just over 40 years, conservationists have found.

Humanity is killing the Earth’s greatest natural ally in the fight
against climate breakdown, our forests, according to the report by the
WWF.

The charity is calling on world leaders to declare a planetary emergency
and develop a “new deal for nature and people” to halt climate
breakdown, restore nature and fix food systems.

The first ever global assessment of forest biodiversity shows that
habitat loss and degradation, chiefly caused by people, account for 60
per cent of the threats to forests and forest species.

The report, ‘Below the Canopy’, written jointly by WWF and ZSL, found
the drops in wild animal and bird populations were greatest in tropical
forests such as the Amazon rainforest, where there is the most wildlife
to lose.

https://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-a9056516.html

==============

I'm sure that Antifa and the SJW's will get right on this and fix it.

I'm sure the Climate-Changers and the MSM will also get right on this
and start reporting and protesting the loss of our forests any day
now...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Scientist wrote:

[...]

Since the COUP in 2015, the environmental agencies were
closed/knackered. So farmers started using just about anything they
could get cheap.
It's why Brazilian exports were recently barred in many EU
countries, the amount of pesticides/herbicides was way over the legal
limit. Limits in the US appear to be more "lenient".
Bolsonaro just took it a step further, and made the use of
previously prohibited chemical agents perfectly legal. Even the
farmers that hesitated in using them before have joined the "trend".
Amazing how much you can destroy in such a short time, if you
have a "plan".

Further, the figure is meaningless without some baseline. What is the normal
amount of bees that are expected to die in that period? This sounds more
like colony collapse disorder, the cause of which still remains a mystery.
But don't let science and facts stand in the way of a good hit piece.

No more butterflies, grasshoppers, beetles and other insects.
Do they suffer from "colony collapse" too ?
PS I live in the country, somewhere near Mato Grosso. I'm an
eye-witness, not a stupid fanatical "ecologist" typing from the safety
of his bedroom in Copacabana.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/19 9:19 AM, Home Guy wrote:
Scientist wrote:

On 8/19/19 10:47 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Half A Billion Bees Drop Dead In Brazil Amid Jump In Pesticide Use

Mon, 08/19/2019 - 21:35

Bee apocalypse has unfolded in four of Brazil's southern states in 1Q19.
More than half a billion bees died earlier this year, in a short period,
experts are suggesting that pesticides are likely to be blamed, reported
Bloomberg.

Pesticides and GMO crops are totally safe. You should spray every
meal with some roundup.

How else are you going to feed 8 billion people?

But no. We don't have too many people...

Feed the working taxpayers first and if there is any left over, toss it to the lazy welfarecrats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 10:40:37 -0400, Octo Welfare Mom
wrote:

On 8/20/19 10:07 AM, Shadow wrote:
She had
20 head of cattle, but organized crime drove in one day, put her
livestock on a truck and drove off. All wearing hoods, military gear
and military rifles. Militia RuLeZ. They left the pasture, though, so
I suppose she can eat that. Police too scared to even investigate.

We have a similar confiscation here in the US.

You should "take up arms and overthrow your rogue government"
- NRA [Patent pending]

Every year the IRS takes 15% of everything I make and the state takes another 5%.

Here it's 27.5% and 20% respectively. I wouldn't mind paying
it IF it went to Public Health and Education. Alas, since the 2015
COUP they are no longer a priority.
The rates was established by the right-wing dictatorship in
the 60's - 70's. The center-left PT government did manage to decrease
some of the taxes, but not the main ones, they were always a minority
in the Camara/Senate.
The richest people have always been exempt of course, due to
legal loop-holes the best judges money-can-buy will always accept.
You were saying something about taxes (or was it tariffs)?
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

Scientist wrote:

[...]

Would you like Trump to come down there and help?

I'm not in favor of uncontrolled use of insecticides and I have no idea
what's actually going on down there. I'm just saying a piece focused on
honeybees and attributing an alleged loss of half a billion bees in
just three months to Bosonaro becoming president, isn't based on science.
Honeybees already have CCD going on around the world and so far, no one
knows what the cause is. But increasingly it also looks like bees have
had the same thing happen during some periods thousands of years ago,
so we probably should not be so quick to indict pesticides as the cause.

Here in NJ, I stopped seeing honeybees several years ago, not sure really
when, but it happened pretty quickly. Went from seeing them all over,
to not very many, to none. The bumblebees were still around, but last
year I noticed they were greatly diminished too. This year I saw just
two small ones. Prior to that we had big ones and enough that you easily
noticed them. And crops aren't being grown here, so the pesticides
sprayed on crops that are among the suspected culprits should not be
here. I suppose it could be chemicals being applied to lawns, but
from what I understand CCD is occurring where there is little insecticide
used at all, there doesn't seem to be a correlation. Which is why the
research is continuing.

Excuse me now, I have to go spray the crabgrass with Acclaim.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/19 10:06 AM, Shadow wrote:
Now people are having as many children as possible. Bolsonaro
has put retirement age ABOVE life-expectancy, so people need the
children to care for them when they are too old to work.

You are describing slavery. What color are these people?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/19 1:58 PM, Shadow wrote:
Google "Red States Welfare".

I think Google is run by a bunch of lefty libtards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-fury.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Scientist wrote:

[...]

Well, if he reciprocates the favor:

https://www.viomundo.com.br/wp-conte...s-21.33.08.png

Bolsonaro's son, now ambassador to the US, on campaign for
Trump.
Nepotism? Nah, Bolsonaro swears his wife cheated on him, so
it's not REALLY his son at all.

[]'s

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 14:29:30 -0400, Crazy Guggenheim
wrote:

On 8/20/19 10:06 AM, Shadow wrote:
Now people are having as many children as possible. Bolsonaro
has put retirement age ABOVE life-expectancy, so people need the
children to care for them when they are too old to work.

You are describing slavery. What color are these people?

Percentage wise, roughly the same color as Americans.
Bolsonaro says slavery is a *good* thing.
He even proposed a law that gave parents an "allowance" if
they sent their children to work in factories instead of going to
school. It didn't pass in congress.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 14:52:42 -0400, Joe 30330 wrote:

On 8/20/19 1:58 PM, Shadow wrote:
Google "Red States Welfare".

I think Google is run by a bunch of lefty libtards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-fury.html

If it helps, I'm all for those right wingers coming out of the
closet. They shouldn't have to hide what they are.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-08-20, Home Guy wrote:
But no. We don't have too many people...

If you believe there are too many people you are welcome to off yourself
to help put things right.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-08-20, Home Guy wrote:
Humanity is killing the EarthÂ’s greatest natural ally in the fight
against climate breakdown, our forests, according to the report by the
WWF.

That would be a report by hysterical left-wing climate cultists.
Environmentalist dirtbags have been making predictions of doom
since at least the late 1960s. NONE of their predictions have
come true.

There is no "climate breakdown" - climate change is a natural phenomenon.
I personally refuse to reduce my so-called "carbon footprint."