Posted to alt.home.repair

Default You Cannot Legislate Morality

"This is what happens when you teach kids that their feelings are
more important than rational thought. Our feelings are very
volatile things. They can sway from one extreme to another for
many reasons. When you teach kids that it is alright to act on
these feelings, they can do things without thinking about the
act or the consequences.

You can take away as many guns as you want, it will not change
the way some people think. If they cannot use a gun they will
use a knife. If they cannot use a knife they will use a hammer.
If they want to kill lots of people and don't have a gun they
will use a bomb. If they cannot get a bomb they will use a
vehicle. If they cannot use a vehicle they will use an
airplane. There is always something else they can use to act
out on their impulses.

One of the defining characteristics of leftists (and perhaps some
liberals) is that they are governed by their emotions.

As usual, the media avoid any analysis of the upbringing and medical
history (if any) of the shooter, because the media is leftist and to the
left it's not about the individual. It never is. Personal
responsibility and self control is a vague concept for the leftist (and
for children). It's the cornerstone of life for those on the right.

==================

You Cannot Legislate Morality

Sat, 08/17/2019 - 19:20

Authored by Tom Chatham via Project Chesapeake blog

It's the same thing every time we have a mass shooting in America.

Before the shell casings have time to cool the same people are calling
for more gun control. Their solution for mass killings is to disarm all
of the law abiding citizens so everyone can feel better about themselves
thinking they did something. The problem is that taking guns away from
law abiding people does not change the way potentially dangerous people
feel. If they want to hurt someone, they will find a way.

When these things happen we immediately see new legislation to try to
curb the ability of people to commit these types of crimes. New red flag
laws are one of the things being pushed today as a cure all. The idea is
to identify people who might pose a threat to society and take away
their guns before they can do something. The problem is that laws such
as this only apply to certain people in practice. Are police officers,
government agents and certain politicians going to be relieved of their
weapons if they are accused of being a threat by someone? I seriously
doubt it. These types of laws are only to disarm those the government
wants to disarm.

The other problem is that Congress can pass any laws that it wants to
but any law that is repugnant to the Constitution is automatically null
and void. They have no legal authority to enforce it and citizens have
no legal obligation to obey it, and this does not even take into account
the due process issues.

Guns have been available in this country since it was founded. They were
even easier to get 40 or 50 years ago than they are today. The basic gun
itself has not changed that much in the past half century. So why have
we suddenly been inundated with mass shootings over the past 30 years?

If the weapons are no different and no more available than 50 years ago
then we need to look somewhere else. We need to look at the mental state
of the shooter himself. Why did he do it? When a mass shooting has
occurred it just did not happen all of a sudden. In most cases it was
planned for weeks or even months before the act was committed.

When a person decides to commit a crime such as this he has some deep
seated reason for it. It may not be a good reason but he has a reason.
When a person has reached a point where they have no concern for the
lives of others, we have to question their morality. Thousands of people
walk around every day in this country carrying a gun without shooting
anyone. So why does one person out of these thousands decide to kill
people? At some point they have been led to believe it is alright. They
have been instilled with the belief that it is justified according to
the way they feel.

A persons belief system determines if they are willing to harm another
person and under what conditions they are willing to do so. The lower a
persons ethics and morality are, the quicker they are willing to do bad
things. A persons ethics and morality are learned qualities they gather
from those around them and from the places they are educated. Unless a
person is a born sociopath, they learn to hurt others from people who
think it is alright.

If one wanted to argue the issue they could probably make the case that
our learning institutions are at least partially to blame for the
shootings we now have to deal with. Universities are now actively
teaching kids that they should physically attack those that have a
different view than they do. Conservatives are now openly attacked on
campuses and in the streets across the country. Schools are actively
promoting degeneracy to young impressionable children.

This is what happens when you teach kids that their feelings are more
important than rational thought. Our feelings are very volatile things.
They can sway from one extreme to another for many reasons. When you
teach kids that it is alright to act on these feelings, they can do
things without thinking about the act or the consequences.

You can take away as many guns as you want, it will not change the way
some people think. If they cannot use a gun they will use a knife. If
they cannot use a knife they will use a hammer. If they want to kill
lots of people and don't have a gun they will use a bomb. If they cannot
get a bomb they will use a vehicle. If they cannot use a vehicle they
will use an airplane. There is always something else they can use to act
out on their impulses.

Until we once again teach kids the difference between right and wrong,
we will continue to see acts of violence in society. The days when
people respected one another and restrained their more violent feelings
because they understood the consequences, are in our past. Until we
regain some sense of ethics and morality in society this will not end.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...slate-morality
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 10:39:07 AM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:

As usual, the media avoid any analysis of the upbringing and medical
history (if any) of the shooter, because the media is leftist and to the
left it's not about the individual. It never is. Personal
responsibility and self control is a vague concept for the leftist (and
for children). It's the cornerstone of life for those on the right.

Ain't that special? A leading trumpet bringing up personal responsibility
and self control. Trump accepts zero responsibility for anything.
It's always someone else's fault, not his. And he never once has apologized
for anything. Self control? He has none. He's the most prolific liar
I've ever seen. And when you have a POS like that as a leader, where do
you think it's leading American's next generation/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2019 1:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 10:39:07 AM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:

As usual, the media avoid any analysis of the upbringing and medical
history (if any) of the shooter, because the media is leftist and to the
left it's not about the individual. It never is. Personal
responsibility and self control is a vague concept for the leftist (and
for children). It's the cornerstone of life for those on the right.

Ain't that special? A leading trumpet bringing up personal responsibility
and self control. Trump accepts zero responsibility for anything.
It's always someone else's fault, not his. And he never once has apologized
for anything. Self control? He has none. He's the most prolific liar
I've ever seen. And when you have a POS like that as a leader, where do
you think it's leading American's next generation/

Our local PBS station is showing a program about Fascism. The parallels
to politics today is amazing. Not just Trump, but the empty promises
the others are making.

Vote for me and I'll fix everything.
Vote for me and I'll give you free stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

Personal responsibility and self control is a vague concept for
the leftist (and for children). It's the cornerstone of life for
those on the right.

Ain't that special? A leading trumpet bringing up personal
responsibility and self control. Trump accepts zero
responsibility for anything.

Trump has been in office for 2.5 years. He has been battling the dem's
in congress and even the republicans in his own party and certainly
legions of federal judges who stand in the way of implimenting his
agenda.

The fact that the leftists are in control of US society via their
influence in college and the media is not Trump's fault and is not
Trump's responsibility. They are children and they are throwing a
tantrum that hillery wasn't elected and they're disrupting US society
for no coherent or logical reason.

Trump's presidency was largely held up from a coup by the US military
and the MIC. Trump early on signed blank check after blank check for
the MIC, and arms deal after arms deal for Saudi Arabia. War crimes in
Yemen - your tax dollars at work.

In regard for reckless miliary spending, Trump is no different than any
other US president. He, like all US presidents, is powerless to stop
it.

Trump accepts zero responsibility for anything.

Because Obozo-appointed judges and the dem-controlled congress have been
blocking everything he said he was going to do as president. And they
ARE taking responsibility for thwarting Trump at every turn.

What a double-standard you have. Holding them accountable for NOTHING
while blaming trump for not getting anything done. The very definition
of schizophrenia.

This thread was not about Trump. It was about why US society has been
derailed by the left, and pointing out the consequences of that.
Consequences like Jussie Smollett walking away from a hate-crime that he
purpetrated against whites by falsely claiming he was the victim of a
racially-motivated assault.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 2:18:03 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I've said Trump now looks and sounds a lot like Mussolini, strutting his
stuff in front of cheering, crazy crowds that accept lies and ignore
reality. M was another whack job narcissist. And I agree, the fact that
instead of the Democrats offering up reasonable people, what we're getting
is mostly radical lib crazies, with the exception of Biden. Problem
with Biden is that he could win, the Democrats could pick up seats in
the House and Senate, maybe even win the Senate. And then what happens,
who knows. If it was Biden and a GOP Congress or a center Congress, that
would be fine. But with a bunch of radicals, I don't think Biden can
stand up to them and it could turn into radical lib land.

But if it does, I place the blame squarely on Trump and the trumpets.
It was obvious he was mental, stupid and unfit. They foisted him on us,
now we're approaching the doom I predicted, where he destroys the GOP.
He already has, just look at how on everything from nuclear weapons and
NATO, to free trade, the GOP has lost all that it stood for, it's now the
Trump cult. Did you see much outrage with Trump's latest act? Trump
openly used the power of the presidency for personal and/or political
purposes, screwed with our relations with Israel, just to retaliate
against the two Congresswomen who he dislikes. You'd think Republicans
would say, wooooah, what just happened here? Instead most are running
around making excuses, eg saying how the two were anti-Israel, etc.