Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Warning: Plastic Light Fixtures contain Farmaldehide! Use the Ceramic ones

I smelled an acrid, foul smell in my closet, thinking it was a bat in my attic, I hired a contractor to remove the bats.
Much to my surprise, it turned out that my closet had a plastic light fixture that had cracked and was emitting formaldehyde fumes (formaldehyde stinks when heated).
The contractor replaced the plastic light fixture with a ceramic one, and the toxic smell is gone now.