Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default 1/4-Inch Spade Drill Bit recommendations

Which last longer, for 1/4-Inch Spade Drill Bit?

Bosch or Irwin or Dewalt?

Thanks,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2019 11:18 PM, A K wrote:
Which last longer, for 1/4-Inch Spade Drill Bit?

Bosch or Irwin or Dewalt?

Thanks,
Andy

No idea. IMO all spade bit are crappy. I'd use a Forstner bit for a
flat bottom hole or a large diameter hole.
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 10:47:00 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/15/2019 11:18 PM, A K wrote:
Which last longer, for 1/4-Inch Spade Drill Bit?

Bosch or Irwin or Dewalt?

Thanks,
Andy

No idea. IMO all spade bit are crappy. I'd use a Forstner bit for a
flat bottom hole or a large diameter hole.

Thanks a lot. First I heard of a Forstner bit.

I looked at a Freund forstner bit.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2019 11:18 PM, A K wrote:
Which last longer, for 1/4-Inch Spade Drill Bit?
Bosch or Irwin or Dewalt?
Thanks, Andy

No idea. IMO all spade bit are crappy. I'd use a Forstner bit for a
flat bottom hole or a large diameter hole.

Thanks a lot. First I heard of a Forstner bit.
I looked at a Freund forstner bit.
Andy

Like all things in life - grasshopper, there is no simple answer
to " which is better " .. It depends on what you're drilling
and how .... type of drill bit ; material being drilled ;
material of drill bit ; desired result ; etc etc

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...at=1,180,42240

In some cases a hole-cutter is better than any drill bit - and you
get a free toy-wheel when you're done instead of just sawdust !

John T.