Old August 15th 19, 02:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Light diverter for bulb holder

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

Old August 15th 19, 02:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:39:12 PM UTC-4, A K wrote:
I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

Like a shade? You might find one that will screw on, but it might be about the same cost and easier to just find a new fixture.

Old August 15th 19, 03:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE
Old August 15th 19, 05:09 AM posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:45:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE

That would work. Thanks for finding the name of what fits the threaded part.
:-)

But at $29, as trader_4 said, it would be cheaper to get another light fixture.

Andy

Old August 15th 19, 07:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:39:08 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

They sell bulbs that have a reflectorized top. It shines down with no
light going directly up (assuming base down)
Old August 15th 19, 08:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE

That would work. Thanks for finding the name of what fits the threaded part.
:-)

But at $29, as trader_4 said, it would be cheaper to get another light fixture.

Wow. Rather than "Handcrafted by experienced designers", I'd rather
have one machine-made by inexperienced designers. Might be cheaper.

these have been rare my whole life, but they must be very rare to charge
so much. And they're just lamp shades. Nothing about them
specifically makes the light shine downward.

maybe the OP could make a collar out of sheet metal, like dogs have to
wear sometimes.

Andy

Old August 15th 19, 08:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

They sell bulbs that have a reflectorized top. It shines down with no
light going directly up (assuming base down)

Maybe he could turn his fixture upside down. This time I'm serious.

Old August 15th 19, 12:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

Take that garish curly CFL out and shoot it.

Try one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Antique-Vinta.../dp/B07N2NHJWB
Old August 16th 19, 03:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the yellowish light and how hot they get. Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

Andy