DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Home Repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/)
-   -   Light diverter for bulb holder (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/638834-light-diverter-bulb-holder.html)

A K August 15th 19 02:39 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.



trader_4 August 15th 19 02:48 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:39:12 PM UTC-4, A K wrote:
I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.


Like a shade? You might find one that will screw on, but it might be about the same cost and easier to just find a new fixture.

A K August 15th 19 03:29 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 7:48:20 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:39:12 PM UTC-4, A K wrote:
I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.


Like a shade? You might find one that will screw on, but it might be about the same cost and easier to just find a new fixture.


Thanks.

Andy

\[email protected] August 15th 19 03:45 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.



You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE

A K August 15th 19 05:09 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:45:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.



You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE


That would work. Thanks for finding the name of what fits the threaded part.
:-)

But at $29, as trader_4 said, it would be cheaper to get another light fixture.

Andy

[email protected] August 15th 19 07:42 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:39:08 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:


I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.


They sell bulbs that have a reflectorized top. It shines down with no
light going directly up (assuming base down)

micky August 15th 19 08:23 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:09:44 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:45:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.



You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE


That would work. Thanks for finding the name of what fits the threaded part.
:-)

But at $29, as trader_4 said, it would be cheaper to get another light fixture.


Wow. Rather than "Handcrafted by experienced designers", I'd rather
have one machine-made by inexperienced designers. Might be cheaper.

these have been rare my whole life, but they must be very rare to charge
so much. And they're just lamp shades. Nothing about them
specifically makes the light shine downward.

maybe the OP could make a collar out of sheet metal, like dogs have to
wear sometimes.

Andy



micky August 15th 19 08:24 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 15 Aug 2019 01:42:17 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:39:08 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:


I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.


They sell bulbs that have a reflectorized top. It shines down with no
light going directly up (assuming base down)


Maybe he could turn his fixture upside down. This time I'm serious.


Joe 30330 August 15th 19 12:15 PM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.





Take that garish curly CFL out and shoot it.

Try one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Antique-Vinta.../dp/B07N2NHJWB

Andy[_35_] August 16th 19 03:25 AM

Light diverter for bulb holder
 
I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the yellowish light and how hot they get. Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

Andy


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2014 DIYbanter