Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Light diverter for bulb holder

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:39:12 PM UTC-4, A K wrote:
I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

Like a shade? You might find one that will screw on, but it might be about the same cost and easier to just find a new fixture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:45:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE

That would work. Thanks for finding the name of what fits the threaded part.
:-)

But at $29, as trader_4 said, it would be cheaper to get another light fixture.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:39:08 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

They sell bulbs that have a reflectorized top. It shines down with no
light going directly up (assuming base down)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE

That would work. Thanks for finding the name of what fits the threaded part.
:-)

But at $29, as trader_4 said, it would be cheaper to get another light fixture.

Wow. Rather than "Handcrafted by experienced designers", I'd rather
have one machine-made by inexperienced designers. Might be cheaper.

these have been rare my whole life, but they must be very rare to charge
so much. And they're just lamp shades. Nothing about them
specifically makes the light shine downward.

maybe the OP could make a collar out of sheet metal, like dogs have to
wear sometimes.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

They sell bulbs that have a reflectorized top. It shines down with no
light going directly up (assuming base down)

Maybe he could turn his fixture upside down. This time I'm serious.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

Take that garish curly CFL out and shoot it.

Try one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Antique-Vinta.../dp/B07N2NHJWB
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the yellowish light and how hot they get. Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote

I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the
yellowish light and how hot they get.

I didnt bother. I got most of them for free.

Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

When I changed to Philips Hue led bulbs,
the starter kid was very yellow and I didnt
like that much. The rest I bought were what
they call white ambience which can be set
to any white color you like. I still have the
original yellow ones in the bedroom and
the room I store the beer I brew in and
dont even notice the yellow anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:16:03 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

When I changed to Philips Hue led bulbs,

I believe I told you already, you can shove your "Philips Hue bulbs" up your
senile arse, senile asshole!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/19 8:25 PM, Andy wrote:
I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the yellowish light and how hot they get. Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

Andy

Most of mine are too (the LEDs), although I do have a few CFLs I plan to
use until they burn out, then replace them with LEDs.

The old dirty yellow (called "warm white") looks a lot worse now that I
can use real while bulbs.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless." [Peter
Walker on alt.atheism]
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 12:07:09 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 8/15/19 8:25 PM, Andy wrote:
I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the yellowish light and how hot they get. Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

Andy

Most of mine are too (the LEDs), although I do have a few CFLs I plan to
use until they burn out, then replace them with LEDs.

The old dirty yellow (called "warm white") looks a lot worse now that I
can use real while bulbs.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless." [Peter
Walker on alt.atheism]

I know many people who have a good set of standards that they live by.

I believe that everyone is born with knowing what is right and what is wrong.

Since everyone has free choice, they decide whether they will do right or wrong.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy posted for all of us...

I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the yellowish light and how hot they get. Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

Andy

And... the question is?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/19 8:25 PM, Andy wrote:
I am trying to use up my cfls. I hate the yellowish light and how hot
they get. Most of my bulbs are the daylight leds.

Andy

Most of mine are too (the LEDs), although I do have a few CFLs I plan to
use until they burn out, then replace them with LEDs.

The old dirty yellow (called "warm white") looks a lot worse now that I
can use real while bulbs.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless." [Peter
Walker on alt.atheism]

I know many people who have a good set of standards that they live by.

I believe that everyone is born with knowing what is right and what is
wrong.

Must be why little kids dont have to be taught how to behave.

Since everyone has free choice, they decide
whether they will do right or wrong.

Not everyone does, some are too stupid to work that out. Like Trump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 04:35:23 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH yet more of the clinically insane auto-contradicting senile idiot's
latest troll****

....and much better air in here, again!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On 8/15/19 8:25 PM, Andy wrote:
[...]

I agree, but I think Trump is arrogant most of all. :-)

If we were made to do the right thing, we would be robots.

Andy