Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Corn

On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 11:33:43 AM UTC-4, Crazy Guggenheim wrote:
On 8/16/19 6:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 6:26:08 AM UTC-4, Bob wrote:
On 8/15/19 6:49 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 08:42:40 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Verner Baumann" wrote in
message ...
On 8/15/2019 3:22 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 07:57:28 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/15/2019 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
I've never seen a worm. I've only seen one bad piece of corn that I
can
remember, only because the rows were uneven and parts had no kernels,
but what was there was fine.
Also something you don't see is all the chemicals slathered on to kill
the worms...
The biggest advancement against wormy corn has been Genetic
Modification - making the corn resistant to corn borer so chemicals
are less required.

Much of the effective pesticide application is done at the soil level
- "band application" - not sprayed on the plant or "slathered on" AN
example in corn is "Mustang".

BigAg and BigFarmChem thoroughly tested GMOs and farm chemicals so they
are totally safe for you. No need to worry.

In fact, it wouldn't hurt to give your dinner a quick spritz of Roundup
before serving to make sure you got all the bugs dead.

Roundup doesnt kill bugs, stupid.

Rod and Trader agreeing, yikes the apocalypse is imminent. ;-)

Yup, and they're both wrong, LOL.
Why people want to ingest farm chemicals and suffer the health side effects is beyond me.

I'm happy to suffer the effects. Billions of people saved from starvation, plentiful cheap food, the US the largest food exporter, those are the main "side effects". Back to your cave now, hippie.

If a McKid at McJunkFoods spit on a customer's McBurger, the customer is liable to punch the McKid in the face...and rightly so.

Why is it that McPeople are so willing to let BigAg dump toxic chemicals all over their food? Is money that tight?

Is there any benefit whatever to spitting on a customer's hamburger?
We know for sure that spit is unhealthy and can definitely pass
diseases? Are those chemicals really toxic to humans, in the very low
levels that any actually show up in food? You would think if they
were, there would be an epidemic with cancer, steadily increasing
rates and shorter life expectancies, but that hasn't happened.
The real effect has been the abundance of easily available, refined
foods has lead to an epidemic in obesity and the diseases that go
with that. If you want to complain about fast food and similar
poor food choices, there is a real target.
And as to the money issue, billions would have starved over the
decades if food had to be produced without chemicals, that's the
effect of higher prices worldwide. Think of the children!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
When you shop for corn on the cob, do you pull down the husk before you
buy it to look inside?

Do you ever reject corn because it doesn't look good?

What does "not look good" mean? Why would you reject an ear of corn?

I stay away from the stuff. It will give you diabetes.

https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts...roducts/2416/2

1 large ear:
Glycemic Load: 12
Carbs: 27 g

And who eats only one ear?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/19 11:59 PM, T wrote:
On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
When you shop for corn on the cob, do you pull down the husk before you
buy it to look inside?

Do you ever reject corn because it doesn't look good?

What does "not look good" mean?Â*Â* Why would you reject an ear of corn?

I stay away from the stuff.Â* It will give you diabetes.

https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts...roducts/2416/2

1 large ear:
Â*Â*Â* Glycemic Load: 12
Â*Â*Â* Carbs:Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* 27 g

And who eats only one ear?

Yah, maybe Joe Sixpack should take a Metformin with each ear of corn?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 11:59:28 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
When you shop for corn on the cob, do you pull down the husk before you
buy it to look inside?

Do you ever reject corn because it doesn't look good?

What does "not look good" mean? Why would you reject an ear of corn?

I stay away from the stuff. It will give you diabetes.

https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts...roducts/2416/2

1 large ear:
Glycemic Load: 12
Carbs: 27 g

And who eats only one ear?

Me.

I doubt a person could eat enough ears of corn to get diabetes from it.

Pepsi, on the other hand....

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/17/19 5:37 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

[snip]

I doubt a person could eat enough ears of corn to get diabetes from it.

Pepsi, on the other hand....

Cindy Hamilton

I remember finding something called "Rush Limbaugh eats everything" on
the internet. He consumes a lot of Pepsi.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
When you shop for corn on the cob, do you pull down the husk before you
buy it to look inside?

Do you ever reject corn because it doesn't look good?

What does "not look good" mean? Why would you reject an ear of corn?

I stay away from the stuff. It will give you diabetes.

https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts...roducts/2416/2

1 large ear:
Glycemic Load: 12
Carbs: 27 g

And who eats only one ear?

Me.

I doubt a person could eat enough ears of corn to get diabetes from it.

Pepsi, on the other hand....

Cindy Hamilton

Hi Cindy,

I hardly ate any sugar. And Avoided processed foods with added
sugar. I ate "Healthy Carbs". It was not till after I got
diabetes that I discovered the "Health Carbs" was a lie.

Here is the rub. A bowl of wheat, rice, and/or corn flakes
has a higher glycemic index than does a bowl of table sugar.
I had poisoned myself thinking I was doing the right thing.
And stay the hell away from orange juice!

So, you are probably better off with the Pepsi.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Here is the thing. What moron thinks those foods are healthy carbs?

I had poisoned myself thinking I was doing the right thing.
And stay the hell away from orange juice!

So, you are probably better off with the Pepsi.

-T

So, drink it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Corn on the cob, man. Not processed breakfast cereal. How damned much
corn on the cob could a person eat?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

I could eat three ears. Then the rest of my meal. Wonder
I did not get diabetes sooner. Corn is nasty for diabetes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/19 2:14 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

ROFL

Mr. T actually believes that eating a few ears of corn occasionally
will give you diabetes. I figured him out years ago. He, like many
trumpets, needs a simple world. They can't think and handle the
complexities of the real world. One thing is the ultimate, very, very
good, another is evil, the worst. I figured it out when he claimed
the Atkins diet was bad. Whatever you want to say about Atkins, it's
99% what Mr. T advocates and eats. But he obviously didn't know that, he had
no idea what Atkins even was. I tried to explain it to him, he
immediately went to the stupid position that Atkins is no good because
he advocated counting NET carbs. The concept isn't complex. Fiber
isn't digested, so it can be taken out of the carbs that you count.
But no, that was all bad, evil, Atkins was no good. Never mind that
it's mostly a nit. God forbid that people can eat more broccoli because
they can deduct some fiber carbs. No, can't have that in Mr. T's world
it's all black and white and mostly stupid.