Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dead critter found in sump pit

The remains of a long-dead lizard or salamander washed out
of my sump drain and into the sump pit a few weeks ago and
it just occurred to me that this should not have been
possible. The sump drain pipes should all be inside the
perimeter of the foundation. How could this happen? Does
this indicate that the chipmunks have burrowed under the
foundation?