Home Repair (alt.home.repair) For all homeowners and DIYers with many experienced tradesmen. Solve your toughest home fix-it problems.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old August 7th 19, 01:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2019
Posts: 1
Default Hardwood Install

Anybody know what the gun is called that installs hardwood flooring?



  #2   Report Post  
Old August 7th 19, 01:06 AM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Default Hardwood Install

On 8/6/2019 7:02 PM, TraderJoe44 wrote:
Anybody know what the gun is called that installs hardwood flooring?


*It's called a "hardwood flooring nail gun" . A 16ga finish nailer does
a good job too , a framing nailer not so much . Use the longest nail the
gun will accept .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

  #3   Report Post  
Old August 7th 19, 03:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,339
Default Hardwood Install

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 19:06:05 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 8/6/2019 7:02 PM, TraderJoe44 wrote:
Anybody know what the gun is called that installs hardwood flooring?


*It's called a "hardwood flooring nail gun" . A 16ga finish nailer does
a good job too , a framing nailer not so much . Use the longest nail the
gun will accept .

The flooring gun makes it a lot easier to get the boards properly
seated together as you activate it with a mallet. Installing hardwood
flooring with a finish nailer would be one HELL of a job, in
comparison!!!
  #4   Report Post  
Old August 7th 19, 03:11 AM posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Default Hardwood Install

On 8/6/2019 9:05 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 19:06:05 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 8/6/2019 7:02 PM, TraderJoe44 wrote:
Anybody know what the gun is called that installs hardwood flooring?


*It's called a "hardwood flooring nail gun" . A 16ga finish nailer does
a good job too , a framing nailer not so much . Use the longest nail the
gun will accept .

The flooring gun makes it a lot easier to get the boards properly
seated together as you activate it with a mallet. Installing hardwood
flooring with a finish nailer would be one HELL of a job, in
comparison!!!

* Agreed , a proper nailer makes it easier . But it's just not as
difficult as you seem to think with a finish nailer . Done it both ways ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to install hardwood on a rough floor [email protected] Woodworking 5 December 21st 04 01:04 PM
How to install hardwood on a rough floor [email protected] Home Ownership 2 December 21st 04 01:02 AM
How to install hardwood on a rough floor [email protected] Home Ownership 1 December 20th 04 09:43 PM
How to install hardwood on a rough floor [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 20th 04 09:43 PM
Install hardwood floor on convex surface MM Woodworking 2 August 10th 04 09:32 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017