Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brake pedal goes half way & stops w/no fluid to front

replaced brake lines on chevy pickup (w/abs).Blew out abs with air. Now the
pedal goes half way and stops completely when I try to bleed the front and no
fluid arrives at the front calipers. Confirmed the right lines go to the
right holes. ?Both supply lines are sending fluid to the abs pump but none
exits to the front line from the abs pump. Any ideas? I am able to bleed the
rear.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1196964-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 6:14:07 PM UTC-4, MeMe wrote:
replaced brake lines on chevy pickup (w/abs).Blew out abs with air. Now the
pedal goes half way and stops completely when I try to bleed the front and no
fluid arrives at the front calipers. Confirmed the right lines go to the
right holes. ?Both supply lines are sending fluid to the abs pump but none
exits to the front line from the abs pump. Any ideas? I am able to bleed the
rear.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1196964-.htm

Did you Google for bleed procedure or get it from a service manual?
Some cars it can be difficult to get all the air out and impossible
without a tool to exercise the ABS. For example, BMW X5, after doing
any work that gets air into the ABS, you have to bleed each wheel
until there are no air bubbles, then use a computer connected to the car
to run the ABS in bleed mode and bleed each wheel more. You can hear the
ABS pump activate. I've heard lots of stories of people trying to get the
air out without the computer and they failed. First thing is to avoid getting any
air that high up, into the ABS, unless necessary. Why did you blow the
lines out with air? If you were just replacing a line, I would have just
replaced it and good chance no air would have gotten into the ABS unit
that has valves and gizmos to trap it. Without activating them, it may be
impossible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

MeMe wrote:

(...)

Take it to rec.autos.tech.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 22:14:02 +0000, MeMe
m wrote:

replaced brake lines on chevy pickup (w/abs).Blew out abs with air. Now the
pedal goes half way and stops completely when I try to bleed the front and no
fluid arrives at the front calipers. Confirmed the right lines go to the
right holes. ?Both supply lines are sending fluid to the abs pump but none
exits to the front line from the abs pump. Any ideas? I am able to bleed the
rear.

Try pressure or vacuum bleeding

Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time micky Home Repair 34 November 5th 14 10:47 PM
Forklift leaking brake fluid from right brake drum Ignoramus18836 Metalworking 47 November 7th 11 12:26 AM
Way OT -- brake fluid TD Driver[_3_] Woodworking 19 April 26th 09 04:54 PM
Way OT -- brake fluid dpb Woodworking 0 April 23rd 09 07:27 PM
Way OT -- brake fluid Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 0 April 23rd 09 07:22 PM