Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Dry out pleated HEPA filter

I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/28/19 7:48 PM, A K wrote:
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Rinse it out with a cup of Everclear and let it air dry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 20:45:25 -0400, Jack Daniels
wrote:

On 7/28/19 7:48 PM, A K wrote:
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Rinse it out with a cup of Everclear and let it air dry.

Some are totally ruined by water washing. They "deform" and basically
permanently plug up. I've had the same problem with a simple
automotive air filter. Wash the dust out, dry it - even using a hair
drier - and NO air gets through it afterwards.
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

wrote:

On 7/28/19 7:48 PM, A K wrote:
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Rinse it out with a cup of Everclear and let it air dry.

Some are totally ruined by water washing. They "deform" and basically
permanently plug up. I've had the same problem with a simple
automotive air filter. Wash the dust out, dry it - even using a hair
drier - and NO air gets through it afterwards.

Thanks so much.

You got me to thinking. I blew through the filter and hardly any air came out the other side.

My Hoover Windtunnel does work without it being installed.

I guess it just cleans the exhaust air coming out into the room ??

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/28/19 7:48 PM, A K wrote:
[...]

yes - but they are relatively cheap and SHOULD be replaced.

from HOOVER:

A washable HEPA filter should be cleaned by rinsing it under cold
water. ... A HEPA filter marketed as “permanent” should be cleaned by
gently using a vacuum cleaner to suck away dust and debris from the
surface of the filter. Water should not be used on these types of
filters
Posted to alt.home.repair

A K wrote:
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some
residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge
does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Alcohol sucks in moisture. I would, set it in the sun, or run it in spurts
in vacuum to clear openings.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 07:27:19 -0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

A K wrote:
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some
residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge
does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Alcohol sucks in moisture. I would, set it in the sun, or run it in spurts
in vacuum to clear openings.

Greg

If it is not a "washable" HEPA filter no amount of drying or sucking
will restore it. it is FUBAR. If it says "permanent" it is NOT
WASHABLE - water destroys it PERMANENTLY
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.slack

wrote:

On 7/28/19 7:48 PM, A K wrote:
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Rinse it out with a cup of Everclear and let it air dry.

Some are totally ruined by water washing. They "deform" and basically
permanently plug up. I've had the same problem with a simple
automotive air filter. Wash the dust out, dry it - even using a hair
drier - and NO air gets through it afterwards.

Clare is a man's name?

Pleasance is a moulie's name. So is La Edmund.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.slack
% % is offline

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-07-29 10:38 a.m., jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile

wrote:

On 7/28/19 7:48 PM, A K wrote:
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner.

I want to dry it out.

I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some residual moisture in it after 2 days.

Any other ideas to try?

Would putting it in the fridge for maybe a week help since the fridge does a good job of drying out food. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

Rinse it out with a cup of Everclear and let it air dry.
Some are totally ruined by water washing. They "deform" and basically
permanently plug up. I've had the same problem with a simple
automotive air filter. Wash the dust out, dry it - even using a hair
drier - and NO air gets through it afterwards.

Clare is a man's name?

Pleasance is a moulie's name. So is La Edmund.

LOL

Clarence - Clare for short. "Just don't call me late for dinner"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-07-29 10:38 a.m., jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile

wrote:

On 7/28/19 7:48 PM, A K wrote:
[...]

We call our Clarences Clarrie.

Tho one whose real name was Julius called himself Judy for some reason.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-04-...-of-92/1645780

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:58:39 +1000, Swer, better known as cantankerous

Clarence - Clare for short. "Just don't call me late for dinner"

We

"We", again, you deluded senile psychopathic swine? There's NO "we" for you!
Everyone who knows you in real life thinks you are a pest! It's the VERY
reason why you need to get up EVERY NIGHT between 1 and 4 am, just so you
got someone "to talk to" on Usenet!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.