DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Swivel adaptor for screw bits (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/638082-swivel-adaptor-screw-bits.html)

A K July 26th 19 06:05 AM

Swivel adaptor for screw bits

I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

rbowman July 26th 19 07:04 AM

On 07/25/2019 10:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Would a flex shaft work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/X-Things-Flex.../dp/B075MD3D5C

Dean Hoffman[_12_] July 26th 19 12:52 PM

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269

Snake Dawg July 26th 19 03:14 PM

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= July 26th 19 10:18 PM

Swivel adaptor for screw bits

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269

Thanks Dean, was not aware of these. I have found the flex shafts to be
troublesome and the others at fixed angle of 45 or 90 deg just do not cut
it.

--
Tekkie

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= July 26th 19 10:21 PM

Swivel adaptor for screw bits

Snake Dawg posted for all of us...

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume the OP
was referring to.

--
Tekkie

Clare Snyder July 26th 19 11:13 PM

Swivel adaptor for screw bits

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269

Thanks Dean, was not aware of these. I have found the flex shafts to be
troublesome and the others at fixed angle of 45 or 90 deg just do not cut
it.

Should work at least a few times - if you can hold it well enough to
keep the bit square in the screw head without camming out. and if the
required angle is less than 21 degrees - - - -

Clare Snyder July 26th 19 11:24 PM

Swivel adaptor for screw bits

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269

Thanks Dean, was not aware of these. I have found the flex shafts to be
troublesome and the others at fixed angle of 45 or 90 deg just do not cut
it.

Should work at least a few times - if you can hold it well enough to
keep the bit square in the screw head without camming out. and if the
required angle is less than 21 degrees - - - -

And apparently changing the bits is a royal PITA too - you pretty
much need a vice-grips or two.

Mike Oxbern July 26th 19 11:57 PM

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume the OP
was referring to.

I see no mention of phillips.Â* Did you just pull that out of your ass?

Dean Hoffman[_12_] July 27th 19 03:29 AM

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of
screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth
a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume
the OP
was referring to.

I see no mention of phillips.Â* Did you just pull that out of your ass?

That's what is in the OP's picture.

A K July 27th 19 05:59 AM

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume the OP
was referring to.

--
Tekkie

Thanks.

I think this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOTOOLHOME-...gateway&sr=8-7

I am more interested in the shorter length.

Andy