Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Swivel adaptor for screw bits

I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/25/2019 10:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Would a flex shaft work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/X-Things-Flex.../dp/B075MD3D5C

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269

Thanks Dean, was not aware of these. I have found the flex shafts to be
troublesome and the others at fixed angle of 45 or 90 deg just do not cut
it.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Snake Dawg posted for all of us...

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume the OP
was referring to.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269

Thanks Dean, was not aware of these. I have found the flex shafts to be
troublesome and the others at fixed angle of 45 or 90 deg just do not cut
it.

Should work at least a few times - if you can hold it well enough to
keep the bit square in the screw head without camming out. and if the
required angle is less than 21 degrees - - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/19 11:05 PM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Dewalt makes these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1-4-in-Hex-MAXFIT-Pivot-Holder-DWAPVTMF/205997269

Thanks Dean, was not aware of these. I have found the flex shafts to be
troublesome and the others at fixed angle of 45 or 90 deg just do not cut
it.

Should work at least a few times - if you can hold it well enough to
keep the bit square in the screw head without camming out. and if the
required angle is less than 21 degrees - - - -

And apparently changing the bits is a royal PITA too - you pretty
much need a vice-grips or two.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume the OP
was referring to.

I see no mention of phillips.Â* Did you just pull that out of your ass?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of
screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth
a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume
the OP
was referring to.

I see no mention of phillips.Â* Did you just pull that out of your ass?

That's what is in the OP's picture.

Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On 7/26/19 12:05 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle.

https://imgur.com/gDSc3mP

Thanks,
Andy

Ball End Hex Drivers are about the only ones that actually work worth a ****.

https://www.amazon.com/Balldriver-Po.../dp/B07KJLHR3Q

I do not believe they will fit in a Philips type head which I presume the OP
was referring to.

--
Tekkie

Thanks.

I think this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOTOOLHOME-...gateway&sr=8-7

I am more interested in the shorter length.

Andy