Old July 30th 19, 11:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default new metal roof with new gutters - disaster

On 7/30/2019 3:17 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:52:05 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Frank "frank writes:
On 7/30/2019 8:58 AM, devnull wrote:
On 7/30/19 8:43 AM, Frank wrote:
Reading this, an additional caution I would like to add is that if a
contractor is unlicensed and does not get permits it is also unlikely
that he has workmen's compensation insurance.Â* Most homeowners
insurance will not apply to workers injured on their property.Â* My
son, an insurance company lawyer, told me a story of an uninsured
contractor falling off a roof and the homeowner was held responsible.

It's 100% the contractor's fault for not obtaining workman's comp
insurance.Â* The homeowner shouldn't be held liable.

This must be another one of those laws crafted by the democrats to
protect their lying cheating constituents.

True that homeowner should not be liable but it's happened.

Then you should be able to provide a citation ("told me a story"
is not a citation, even it purportedly was said by a lawyer).

Certainly all the facts are not in evidence (perhaps the homeowner
did something stupid which caused the fall).

He hired an uninsured contractor

Here's a cite for the guy in my k-f:

https://www.maggianolaw.com/are-you-...at-your-house/