cm

Default Baldwin DBL Deadbolt????

How do I disasemble a Baldwin double deadbolt for re-keying. There are no
screws visible to remove it from the door? What else do I need to know about
after removing it from the door?

THX,

AZCRAIG

Red Neckerson

"cm" wrote

How do I disasemble a Baldwin double deadbolt for re-keying.

How in the hell would we know?

Why don't you ask Alec, Daniel, William or (God forbid) Stephen........

L. M. Rappaport

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 02:29:55 GMT, "cm"
wrote (with possible editing):

How do I disasemble a Baldwin double deadbolt for re-keying. There are no
screws visible to remove it from the door? What else do I need to know about
after removing it from the door?

THX,

AZCRAIG

As I recall, there is a cylinder release under the cover which is on
the edge of the door. You put a key in the lock (I believe it is
always the outside even if it's two cylinders), remove the plate,
loosen the screw and then the cylinder will unscrew.

I haven't done this in a long time, but that's what I recall.

--

Larry

Mzone719

Most commonly on Baldwin, The two screws that hold the lock together are hidden
underneath the interior faceplate. That faceplate needs to be picked off with
a small flat blade screwdriver or such, and then underneath that you will see
the two screws.
Douglas Johnson

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 02:29:55 GMT, "cm"
wrote (with possible editing):

How do I disasemble a Baldwin double deadbolt for re-keying. There are no
screws visible to remove it from the door? What else do I need to know about
after removing it from the door?

I just checked ours. The whole collar around the lock on the inside of the door
unscrews. I don't think there is anything complex after that.

-- Doug