DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chainsaw rope very hard to pull (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/637264-re-chainsaw-rope-very-hard-pull.html)

Sirgerlad July 4th 19 04:44 AM

Chainsaw rope very hard to pull

replying to Tony Hwang, Sirgerlad wrote:
So, what do you use to clean the carbon buildup on the top of the piston

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-824350-.htm

Wade Garrett July 4th 19 01:34 PM

On 7/3/19 11:44 PM, Sirgerlad wrote:
replying to Tony Hwang, Sirgerlad wrote:
So, what do you use to clean the carbon buildup on the top of the piston

Wooden popsicle stick or similar. Nothing metal!

--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen€ť victim tragedy
stories in the news?

Vic Smith July 4th 19 04:41 PM

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 08:34:48 -0400, Wade Garrett wrote:

On 7/3/19 11:44 PM, Sirgerlad wrote:
replying to Tony Hwang, Sirgerlad wrote:
So, what do you use to clean the carbon buildup on the top of the piston

Wooden popsicle stick or similar. Nothing metal!

Copper tools work fine.

Oren[_2_] July 4th 19 05:35 PM

Chainsaw rope very hard to pull

On Thu, 04 Jul 2019 10:41:53 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

So, what do you use to clean the carbon buildup on the top of the piston

Wooden popsicle stick or similar. Nothing metal!

Copper tools work fine.

This guy used Lacquer Thinner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r70nZ8zwvE

Wade Garrett July 4th 19 09:14 PM

On 7/4/19 11:41 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 08:34:48 -0400, Wade Garrett wrote:

On 7/3/19 11:44 PM, Sirgerlad wrote:
replying to Tony Hwang, Sirgerlad wrote:
So, what do you use to clean the carbon buildup on the top of the piston

Wooden popsicle stick or similar. Nothing metal!

Copper tools work fine.

I dunno about that. I'd think it would depend on the hardness of the
particular alloys. Go with popsicle sticks....they're safer and you get
to eat the popsicles first ;-)

--
I miss the country I grew up in.

% July 4th 19 09:26 PM

On 2019-07-04 1:14 p.m., Wade Garrett wrote:
On 7/4/19 11:41 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 08:34:48 -0400, Wade Garrett wrote:

On 7/3/19 11:44 PM, Sirgerlad wrote:
replying to Tony Hwang, Sirgerlad wrote:
So, what do you use to clean the carbon buildup on the top of the
piston

Wooden popsicle stick or similar. Nothing metal!

Copper tools work fine.

I dunno about that. I'd think it would depend on the hardness of the
particular alloys. Go with popsicle sticks....they're safer and you get
to eat the popsicles first ;-)

take the spark plug out and pull the cord