DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Snake in Bathroom sink (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/636799-snake-bathroom-sink.html)

Jamie Franks June 19th 19 12:44 PM

Snake in Bathroom sink

Hello, I got the snake stuck in the bathroom sink. It seems like its stuck on
the spring that allows the drain to open and close , please help me get it
unstuck.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/i1

[email protected] June 19th 19 01:06 PM

Snake in Bathroom sink

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 11:44:02 GMT, Jamie Franks
m wrote:

Hello, I got the snake stuck in the bathroom sink. It seems like its stuck on
the spring that allows the drain to open and close , please help me get it
unstuck.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/i1

Get down on the floor with a flashlight and study the workings
of the sink stopper/lever mechanism - take a photo,
take another photo to refer to when you re-assemble things -
: dis-assemble things
: remove snake
: re-assemble things
: test the mechanism
: repeat above steps as necessary
: put snake away
: clear the drain via the clean-out
John T.

Xeno June 19th 19 02:12 PM

Snake in Bathroom sink

On 19/6/19 9:44 pm, Jamie Franks wrote:
Hello, I got the snake stuck in the bathroom sink. It seems like its
stuck on
the spring that allows the drain to open and close , please help me get it
unstuck. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/i1

For a start, try unscrewing the top. That chrome bit undoes when you
turn it anticlockwise. Might take a bit to get it started. I have the
same arrangement and they are crappy devices.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

devnull June 19th 19 02:17 PM

Snake in Bathroom sink

On 6/19/19 7:44 AM, Jamie Franks wrote:
Hello, I got the snake stuck in the bathroom sink. It seems like its stuck on
the spring that allows the drain to open and close , please help me get it
unstuck. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/i1

Ouch!Â* I once got my snake caught in my pants zipper.