Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Can not beat their prices

I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Andy

Are you a commie?!

I've been buying all my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical. The have a US
agent but glasses are made in China. Similar glasses made here would
cost 5 times as much. The eyeglass people are screwing us in the US.
You know, I'm not a commie. The money I save goes to American brewers.
Better them than the eyeglass people here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Andy

Are you a commie?!

I've been buying all my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical.Â* The have a US
agent but glasses are made in China.Â* Similar glasses made here would
cost 5 times as much.Â* The eyeglass people are screwing us in the US.
You know, I'm not a commie.Â* The money I save goes to American brewers.
Better them than the eyeglass people here.

Might also mention that last glasses I bought in the US had a label on
the case that said "Made in China".
Posted to alt.home.repair

3 wrisrwatches, all seperate amz orders. All look nice, one is doa.
They were 5 bucks or less.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Andy

You can't beat their prices because they are allowed to beat their
workers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 18 May 2019 20:34:59 -0400, wrote:

Andy

You can't beat their prices because they are allowed to beat their
workers.

.... the beating will continue until the morale improves
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2019 7:23 PM, A K wrote:
I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Andy

Saving money is great but knowing you put a fellow American out of work is an awesome good feeling.Â* Good job!

Posted to alt.home.repair

A K wrote

I hate to say this

I dont.

but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

Me too. Hardly anything I have bought in the last decade hasnt come
from there apart from most of the food I eat and the gasoline I use.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because
I can often get it for 1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

I'd rather not have to wait that long and wonder
why it takes so long given it comes by air.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

Yeah, some of that is amazing. Not all tho, I just
got one of those coin spark plug gappers locally
when I checked how much it was instead of waiting
for the one from china to show up. I had ordered it
weeks ago and noticed its actually cheaper from a
retail car stuff place, $1 quite literally.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Yeah, me too. Just bought another of the smallest socket
and screw bit sets with various handles instead of hunting
up the one I have had for more than 40 years now which
has most of the bits all over the place around the house.
The new one is even better, twice as many bits and they
all work well very well made.

Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 7:56:02 PM UTC-5, Dr. Feelgood wrote:
On 5/18/2019 7:23 PM, A K wrote:
I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Andy

Saving money is great but knowing you put a fellow American out of work is an awesome good feeling.Â* Good job!

You are full of it. A lot of money I save goes to buying American.

Except American cars. Foreign cars for the most part last a long time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

You can't beat their prices because they are allowed to beat their
workers.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "frank says...

I've been buying all my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical.* The have a US
agent but glasses are made in China.* Similar glasses made here would
cost 5 times as much.* The eyeglass people are screwing us in the US.
You know, I'm not a commie.* The money I save goes to American brewers.
Better them than the eyeglass people here.

Might also mention that last glasses I bought in the US had a label on
the case that said "Made in China".

Many things are made in China, then sold by US companies. They buy from
China for almost nothing and mark it up big time.

Often on ebay and maybe other places you can order direct from China.
China has some very inexpensive postage that when it gets to the US, the
USPS looses money by delivering it . Did I mention no sales tax
either.

US glasses are a big ripoff. How do you justify over $ 100 for simple
plastic frames ?
Get slightly fancy and it can be $ 200 to $ 300.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 May 2019 11:16:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You can't beat their prices because they are allowed to beat their
workers.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

An even more pathetic troll from you than you usually manage, senile Rot,
and that's saying something!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 May 2019 11:04:14 +1000, An even sillier troll from you than you
usually manage, senile Rot, and that's saying something!

I hate to say this

I don¢t.

Nobody gives a ****, senile asshole!

FLUSH the rest of your usual meaningless, senile drivel unread

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2019 7:23 PM, A K wrote:
I hate to say this but....

I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China.

I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for

1/3 the price of a u.s. seller.

Which makes wonder about the price difference.

I know it cost money for a us warehouse, and shipping costs.

And I have very rarely been disappointed in the quality.

Andy

Saving money is great but knowing you put a fellow American out of work is an awesome good feeling.Â* Good job!

You are full of it. A lot of money I save goes to buying American.

Except American cars. Foreign cars for the most part last a long time.

Leading economists (and some alt.home.repair experts) claim that running up a trade deficit is good for the US.Â* So grab your credit card and head on down to your local ChinaMartBigBoxSuperStore.Â* Leave your spawn a legacy you can be proud of.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2019 11:18 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

[...]

That is exactly right. The Zenni Optical frames I like are memory
titanium costing about $25.

Maybe some of the cost drivers in the US are insurance paying for many.
My wife had cataract surgery and Medicare paid, I believe, 40% of the
cost for a new pair of glasses. Even then her out of pocket was nearly
$500. That is outrageous.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 May 2019 07:29:52 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

[...]

I had cataract surgery 4-5 years ago and Medicare paid 100% for the glasses.
As I recall my choice of frames was limited to 2 or 3.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/19/2019 8:24 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

That was about the time my wife had hers. Maybe there was a max because
glasses were expensive buying them at the eye doctor's business center.
She bought a 2nd pair elsewhere but I seem to recall that they were
maybe $350.

I don't think I've spent a total of $350 over the last 10 years or so
for the numerous pairs of glasses I have bought at Zenni.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 May 2019 08:44:49 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

[...]

The problem with glasses is one company owns most of the stores and
most of the major brands so they can charge what they like. As we now
know they are all made in china for pennies and that translates to
hundreds of dollars to you. The fact that insurance hides the cost
does not make it any less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDdq2rIqAlM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/19/2019 12:10 PM, wrote:
[...]

I had seen that when it first ran on 60 Minutes.

I might also mention for those considering ordering on line that you may
have to adjust the fit after buying. Fortunately the frames I buy
require no adjustment but plastic ones may needed bending and heating to
bend.

Besides Zenni I believe there are other sellers maybe just as good and
as cheap as the Chi Coms if you do not want to deal with them.

Our trade problem with them is that it is one way because of their
tariffs. GM was building or has built an SUV plant there and will sell
there and in the USA. For GM to build here and export to China would
incur their 40% tariff. The EC is not much better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

That isnt the case here and we have just as stupid prices
and I use Zenni myself so I dont pay their stupid prices.

As we now know they are all made in china for pennies

Thats not accurate with the fancy lenses.

and that translates to hundreds of dollars to you. The fact
that insurance hides the cost does not make it any less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDdq2rIqAlM

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 May 2019 04:55:14 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That isnt the case

LOL

That¢s not accurate

LOL

In auto-contradicting mode again, you clinically insane senile asshole? Of
COURSE! LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 11:11:00 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the 60 minutes story. I am glad that Walmart is a competitor of Luxxotica.

I buy my glasses there. Even the cheaper frames are well made.

When I get a new presription, I just order the lenses and they install the new lenses in my old frames.

I think Walmart caught on to it, as they now charge a $10 fee if you do not buy frames.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

https://news.google.com/search?for=h...S&ceid=US%3Aen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can not beat their prices Zenni Optics

Frank posted for all of us...

I've been buying all my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical. The have a US
agent but glasses are made in China. Similar glasses made here would
cost 5 times as much. The eyeglass people are screwing us in the US.
You know, I'm not a commie. The money I save goes to American brewers.
Better them than the eyeglass people here.

How do they get all the measurements like the optician does? For example the
distance between your eyes; the width of your face? Not being critical, just
curious because I have a difficult Rx.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

In article , "frank says...

[...]

I agree with that! I can spend 1k on a pair of glasses.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie®" wrote in message
Frank posted for all of us...

I've been buying all my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical. The have a US
agent but glasses are made in China. Similar glasses made here would
cost 5 times as much. The eyeglass people are screwing us in the US.
You know, I'm not a commie. The money I save goes to American brewers.
Better them than the eyeglass people here.

How do they get all the measurements like the optician does?
For example the distance between your eyes;

That's easy to measure yourself and they tell you how to do that.

the width of your face?

Even easier, take a self with a ruler above your eyebrows.

The length of the arms on the glasses isnt quite so easy but
if you have existing glasses its usually stamped on them.
And not hard to adjust when you get them too.

Not being critical, just
curious because I have a difficult Rx.

The main thing that the online systems don't do as well
is where the focus changes vertically with multifocals
and it gets expensive to do trial and error.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 May 2019 06:40:13 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

How do they get all the measurements like the optician does?
For example the distance between your eyes;

That's easy to measure yourself and they tell you how to do that.

His question was already answered, you self-important, self-opinionated,
senile asshole!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/20/2019 8:25 PM, billj wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/20/2019 7:23 PM, Four Eyes wrote:
On 5/20/19 4:10 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...
ter them than the eyeglass people here.

How do they get all the measurements like the optician does? For
example the
distance between your eyes; the width of your face? Not being
critical, just
curious because I have a difficult Rx.

Look at their web page. You can download a 'ruler' on paper that you
can have someone look at for you, or look in a mirror to get the pupil
distance if the eye doctor will not give that to you .

An optometrist/ophthalmologist is required by law to give you a
complete prescription that you can take elsewhere. If they don't,
report them and take your business elsewhere.

But they are not required to give you the pupil distance needed to
properly make a pair of glasses. Not knowing that, the prescription is
useless.

But its trivial to measure that yourself.

Perhaps, but Four Eyes said they have to give you the prescription. That
is only a portion of what you need.

It may be trivial to measure, but if you are off a couple of mm, you
classes are not going to be very comfortable.

It has to be off by more than that to be very uncomfortable unless
you have severe astigmatism.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rodent Speed

On Tue, 21 May 2019 10:25:52 +1000, billj, better known as cantankerous

But its trivial to measure that yourself.

What could be more trivial than your senile trolling, you clinically insane
85-year-old senile pest?

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 May 2019 13:43:53 +1000, billj, better known as cantankerous

It may be trivial to measure, but if you are off a couple of mm, you
classes are not going to be very comfortable.

It has to be off by more than that to be very uncomfortable unless
you have severe astigmatism.

The 85-year-old senile wisenheimer knows it ALL better AGAIN ...and AGAIN
....and AGAIN ...and AGAIN! BG