Old May 17th 19, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

Default Car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?

Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
same time?

AFAICT, both the Mazda 2 that I had and the current Honda Jazz/Fit and
maybe any other car I've driven lately only allowed one input to the
"radio" at a time.

So if I wanted to play the music on my Flashdrive, I couldn't get
notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc. (Since google maps is not
in the rental car, or any car I'll buy. It's only on the phone.)

And if I wanted to listen to local radio, via the radio built into the
radio, I couldn't get notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc.

If I depend on the phone only, it's nowhere near loud enough to be heard
over the music or talk. When I tried this at home, I often don't
hear the navigation instructions at all, even though they are set on
loud, and if I hear a voice, I certainly can't understand what it said.

The phone can be connected by bluetooth or probably AUX. I presume that
won't make any difference.

Old May 17th 19, 06:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 12:51:52 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
same time?

I don't think that's what you want or you'd have your songs playing
at the same time the cell phone map app is speaking. And it most
likely doesn't exist for the same reason. What you want
is one that would give priority to sound coming from bluetooth from
the phone and temporarily use that instead of playing the songs,
radio, etc. Don't most do that? I don't fiddle or use that, but
cars do have the ability to link to the cellphone so you can take
calls. That temporarily cuts off whatever else is playing, as I recall.
But whether that works with audio coming from a map app as opposed to
a phone call, IDK.

Old May 17th 19, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 5/17/2019 12:51 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

With my Genesis I can listen to the radio and get notices from Google
maps via Android Auto. Never tried it with music from a USB at the same
time but don't think I could.
Old May 17th 19, 07:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 1:55:22 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Micky could try this:

Hear voice navigation from your car speakers

You can hear voice navigation from your car speakers using Bluetooth or a USB cable.

Use Bluetooth

Turn on Bluetooth on your phone or tablet.
Pair your phone or tablet to your car.
Set the source for your car's audio system to Bluetooth.
Open the Google Maps app Menu Settings Navigation settings.
Next to "Play voice over Bluetooth," turn the switch on.

So you can get the audio from Google Maps to the car via bluetooth,
just like with a call. The remaining question is if the car silences
whatever else is playing and I think it would. In fact, I'm going
to try it myself. If I use the phone for maps, I just leave it on
the seat, but I guess this would work better.

Old May 17th 19, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

Yes it will. That will mute the music when google maps is saying
something and will be load enough to be able to hear it properly.

Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
same time?

You actually need to have the music volume reduced when google
maps is saying something and I havent noticed any radio that can
do that with one of the inputs when mixing two of them.

Old May 17th 19, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Sat, 18 May 2019 04:16:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yes it will. That will mute the music when google maps is saying
something and will be load enough to be able to hear it properly.

More interesting question would be how to mute an endlessly bull****ting,
self-important, senile smartass like you, senile Rodent!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Old May 17th 19, 10:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 2:16:30 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"micky" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like you contradicted yourself. First you say, yes it will mute
music for google maps, then you say it won't. If it mutes, then seems
like it will mute whatever the source is for bluetooth. And I've yet
to see a radio system where you mix two inputs. Is that so you can
have Bohemian Rhapsody playing on top of kangaroo calls?

Old May 18th 19, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

something and will be loud enough to be able to hear it properly.

Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
same time?

You actually need to have the music volume reduced when google
maps is saying something and I havent noticed any radio that can
do that with one of the inputs when mixing two of them.

Sounds like you contradicted yourself.

Then you need to get those ears tested, BAD.

First you say, yes it will mute music for
google maps, then you say it won't.

I actually said that when the music and google maps are
RUNNING ON THE PHONE, and the phone is JUST using
the radio as speakers using bluetooth, the PHONE will
mute the music with a google maps announcement, just like
it mutes the music when you answer an incoming phone call.

When the RADIO has music being played from internal storage
or a USB stick and also has the auto from something else that
google maps is running on, its unlikely to mute the music.

If it mutes, then seems like it will mute
whatever the source is for bluetooth.

Mindlessly superficial.

And I've yet to see a radio system where you mix two inputs.

But plenty will play music from a USB stick or internal
storage and accept bluetooth from a phone or satnav.

reams of your even sillier **** any 2 year old
could leave for dead flushed where it belongs

Old May 18th 19, 12:31 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

Sure, but what you said was the car radio will MIX two inputs.
Old May 18th 19, 12:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

No I did not. Retake Comprehension 101.