Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well tank float identification

Anyone recognize this well tank float?
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=19_floats.jpg

My booster pump is intermittent which I narrowed down to this float
sticking.

Where can I buy a new replacement float?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/6/19 2:03 AM, OlaviPekkanen wrote:
Anyone recognize this well tank float?
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=19_floats.jpg

My booster pump is intermittent which I narrowed down to this float
sticking.

Where can I buy a new replacement float?

Try Grainger or the Surplus Center in Lincoln NE. Does it have to be
a duplicate? Farm supply stores might have something. Irrigation
companies?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 May 2019 10:03:47 +0300, OlaviPekkanen
wrote:

Anyone recognize this well tank float?
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=19_floats.jpg

My booster pump is intermittent which I narrowed down to this float
sticking.

Where can I buy a new replacement float?

https://www.amazon.com/Little-599117-RFSN-9-Piggyback-Remote/dp/B000JG80WU/ref=sr_1_10?hvadid=77996660623710&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c &hvqmt=e&keywords=float+switches&qid=1557137966&s= gateway&sr=8-10
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone recognize this well tank float?
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=19_floats.jpg

My booster pump is intermittent which I narrowed down to this float
sticking.

Where can I buy a new replacement float?

https://www.amazon.com/Little-599117-RFSN-9-Piggyback-Remote/dp/B000JG80WU/ref=sr_1_10?hvadid=77996660623710&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c &hvqmt=e&keywords=float+switches&qid=1557137966&s= gateway&sr=8-10

Just be sure you get the right type. There are "pump up" switches and
"pump down" switches. They look the same.
A pump up switch keeps the tank full (like a holding tank), a pump
down switch empties the tank. (like a sump pump)
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

Anyone recognize this well tank float?
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=19_floats.jpg

My booster pump is intermittent which I narrowed down to this float
sticking.

Where can I buy a new replacement float?

https://www.amazon.com/Little-599117-RFSN-9-Piggyback-Remote/dp/B000JG80WU/ref=sr_1_10?hvadid=77996660623710&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c &hvqmt=e&keywords=float+switches&qid=1557137966&s= gateway&sr=8-10

I think he should get a used one with the red bulb shown on the bottom
right...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote on Mon, 06 May 2019 13:44:00 -0400

Just be sure you get the right type. There are "pump up" switches and
"pump down" switches. They look the same.
A pump up switch keeps the tank full (like a holding tank), a pump
down switch empties the tank. (like a sump pump)

I don't understand fully how it works but I can say that there is a set of
floats wired to one junction box which close a switch when the tank is not
empty, and by closing that switch, they tell the booster pump that there is
water in the tank so that the booster pump can begin to operate.

The booster pump itself turns on only also when the pressure in a small
separate blue tank goes below a threshold.

Then there is a separately wired set of floats that tell the underground
well pump to turn on to add more water to the tank.

The starting point of an empty tank would have the booster pump power
turned off because there is no water in the water tank and the underground
well pump power turned on, so that the underground well pump will fill up
the water tank.

Once the water tank fills up to a certain minimum level, the booster pump
float will turn on the power to the booster pump, which will run until the
pressure in the separate booster tank reaches a set threshold.

When the water tank reaches its maximum level, then the second set of
floats will turn off the power to the underground well pump.

Meanwhile, there is a separate control box to keep the well pump from
pumping air underground, which will shut off the well pump if it senses
that the well pump is overheating. Connected to that control is a timer
box, with a settable timer to allow the underground well pump to cool down,
which I think is set for about a half hour.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 7 May 2019 09:37:43 +0300, OlaviPekkanen
wrote:

[...]

OK assuming there is not some inverting logic in the controller the
pump up switch keeps the tank full and the pump down switch turns on
the booster pump to empty it.