Posted to alt.home.repair

Default trying to find pinchplates

I tried to find some pinch plates. I don't know if that is what they are called.
Basically, I have 3000 psi power washer (Lowes's Troy Bilt). The pressure washer hose has a leak. I was thinking of trying to find a pinch plate for the right size to put on it.
Basically, there are two pieces of metal bent to fit a 5/8 hose. One secures them by putting nuts into the plates to hold them down.
Is that what they are called, so that I should search for them on EBay?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 4:10:47 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
I tried to find some pinch plates. I don't know if that is what they are called.
Basically, I have 3000 psi power washer (Lowes's Troy Bilt). The pressure washer hose has a leak. I was thinking of trying to find a pinch plate for the right size to put on it.
Basically, there are two pieces of metal bent to fit a 5/8 hose. One secures them by putting nuts into the plates to hold them down.
Is that what they are called, so that I should search for them on EBay?

maybe
pipe repair clamps?
I don't see any so small, e.g. 5/8
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2019 4:18 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 4:10:47 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
I tried to find some pinch plates. I don't know if that is what they are called.
Basically, I have 3000 psi power washer (Lowes's Troy Bilt). The pressure washer hose has a leak. I was thinking of trying to find a pinch plate for the right size to put on it.
Basically, there are two pieces of metal bent to fit a 5/8 hose. One secures them by putting nuts into the plates to hold them down.
Is that what they are called, so that I should search for them on EBay?

maybe
pipe repair clamps?
I don't see any so small, e.g. 5/8

Â* This ain't something to play with . Replace the damn hose ! 3k psi
water can do some real damage instantaneously to human flesh .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

Plus 1 tc. I have a new one never yet started. Waiting for the crappy weather to give a break.

The warnings printed give thought.

OP, TC is right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 May 2019 14:18:27 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 4:10:47 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
I tried to find some pinch plates. I don't know if that is what they are called.
Basically, I have 3000 psi power washer (Lowes's Troy Bilt). The pressure washer hose has a leak. I was thinking of trying to find a pinch plate for the right size to put on it.
Basically, there are two pieces of metal bent to fit a 5/8 hose. One secures them by putting nuts into the plates to hold them down.
Is that what they are called, so that I should search for them on EBay?

maybe
pipe repair clamps?
I don't see any so small, e.g. 5/8

Get a couple high pressure (fuelinjection) hose clamps and a piece of
inner tube. Wrap the inner tuber around the hose at the leak and then
put a hose clamp over the inner tube RIGHT OVER THE LEAK. Not just a
hose clamp (worm clamp) but a FUEL INJECTION hose clamp which clamps
all the way around.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 May 2019 16:40:51 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 5/5/2019 4:18 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 4:10:47 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
I tried to find some pinch plates. I don't know if that is what they are called.
Basically, I have 3000 psi power washer (Lowes's Troy Bilt). The pressure washer hose has a leak. I was thinking of trying to find a pinch plate for the right size to put on it.
Basically, there are two pieces of metal bent to fit a 5/8 hose. One secures them by putting nuts into the plates to hold them down.
Is that what they are called, so that I should search for them on EBay?

maybe
pipe repair clamps?
I don't see any so small, e.g. 5/8

* This ain't something to play with . Replace the damn hose ! 3k psi
water can do some real damage instantaneously to human flesh .

+1. My "patch" would only be for a REALLY SMALL leak

Much better to do THIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMUBUDqJrpI
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/19 4:10 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I tried to find some pinch plates. I don't know if that is what they are called.
Basically, I have 3000 psi power washer (Lowes's Troy Bilt). The pressure washer hose has a leak. I was thinking of trying to find a pinch plate for the right size to put on it.
Basically, there are two pieces of metal bent to fit a 5/8 hose. One secures them by putting nuts into the plates to hold them down.
Is that what they are called, so that I should search for them on EBay?

What about a hydraulic hose repair kit? I don't know if they're
rated to
3000 psi. The ones I remember were for maybe 2000. That was
from long ago, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I see this,
https://www.hydraulichoses.com/Produ...imp%20Fittings
but where do I get the pinch tool!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 May 2019 20:59:41 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

I see this,
https://www.hydraulichoses.com/Produ...imp%20Fittings
but where do I get the pinch tool!

https://www.hydraulichoses.com/unifl...pers-s/370.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/19 10:59 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I see this,
https://www.hydraulichoses.com/Produ...imp%20Fittings
but where do I get the pinch tool!

Are you in a rural area? Take your hose to a farm equipment dealer.
They might be able to splice the hose. We had a kit at my farm related
workplace long ago. Cost? No idea. Our local NAPA store might
even be able to do it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I see this,
https://www.hydraulichoses.com/Produ...imp%20Fittings
but where do I get the pinch tool!

did you watch the you-tube I referenced? No special tools required
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

+2 You betcha

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I fished a fairly new looking pressure cleaner hose out of the trash
that had a break near one end and that repair kit did a great job of
putting it back to work.