Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic checkout bag bans are bull****

One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 8:09:24 PM UTC-4, wrote:
One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

Pork tacos for dinner, eh? Nice job analyzing and putting it in perspective.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2019 8:08 PM, wrote:
One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

Feel good legislation. Biggest problem is many people are slobs and you
see the bags on the side of the road, etc. I never put a bag in the
trash unless is is to wrap something messy. They are either recycled or
get a secondary use. I find them to be very handy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 17:21:08 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 8:09:24 PM UTC-4, wrote:
One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

Pork tacos for dinner, eh? Nice job analyzing and putting it in perspective.

Pork is for the dog. We ate the chicken and green beans with baked
potatoes. Tacos for lunch tomorrow. I already had the beef.
It really did not occur to me how much plastic they use in the grocery
biz until I was putting all of that stuff away after talking to Cindy
and Rod.
Posted to alt.home.repair

What I said right from the start, stupid.

wrote

One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/28/2019 06:08 PM, wrote:
One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

My trip yielded a loaf of bread in a plastic bag, 5 roma tomatoes in a
plastic bag, 4 yams in a plastic bag, 2 bunches of radishes in a plastic
bad, a couple of handfuls of mushrooms in a plastic bag. But the real
winner was:

https://www.earthboundfarm.com/produ...ic-spring-mix/

I like their products and I've never had a problem with the help
****ting in my salad greens but the irony is it comes in a honking big
PETE box. At least they are aware of the problem.

https://www.earthboundfarm.com/organ...tic-we-do-too/

All of that went into two plastic shopping bags.

Another market I go to has paper bags for the mushrooms. I don't know if
that is any more earth friendly but mushrooms don't do well in plastic bags.

I have a collection of reusable shopping bags that I use for everything
from range bags to luggage. The problem comes from remembering to bring
one with me when I'm doing the grocery shopping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 20:28:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/28/2019 8:08 PM, wrote:
One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

Feel good legislation. Biggest problem is many people are slobs and you
see the bags on the side of the road, etc. I never put a bag in the
trash unless is is to wrap something messy. They are either recycled or
get a secondary use. I find them to be very handy.

I pick up plastic bags all the time in the river but they aren't all
"checkout" bags. There are ice bags (lots of them), produce bags,
various packaging plastic along what makes up most of the trash, cans,
bottles, cups, other styrofoam (probably the big winner by volume) and
then strange stuff.
We pick up everything.
The reward is I will never have to buy another cushion, life vest,
small cooler, gas can, drywall bucket or fender ... ever. Want some?
;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 11:20:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

What I said right from the start, stupid.

What was it you said from the start, senile Rot? You know because obviously
hardly anyone cares what you say, said or will say. BG

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:
[...]

Fender??? For what car? Did you find the rest of the car? Did it have a
body? I can see the other stuff but a fender??? No tires?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:03:44 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

Paint Shop
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On 4/28/2019 8:08 PM, wrote:
[...]

Boat fender
https://www.westmarine.com/boat-fenders
If people knew how to tie a decent knot or would just pull them in
when they are underway they would not lose them but I find them
stuffed up in the mangroves all the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:57:41 -0400, wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

Paint Shop

I like InfranView for photo work and Paint.net for text and more.
Great programs that are free.

Sample: http://oi33.tinypic.com/rmnwo5.jpg (panoramic of three (3)
photos with text. Both are free. They complement each other for what
each lack.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 17:11:43 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:57:41 -0400, wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

Paint Shop

I like InfranView for photo work and Paint.net for text and more.
Great programs that are free.

Paint Shop 4 had a free version that was openly distributed to
computer clubs in the 90s and that is what I am using. I also have a
paid for 7 with a lot of bells and whistles I seldom use so I don't
use it as much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:08:26 -0400, Tekkie®

posted for all of us...

wrote:
[...]

OOO, that makes sense now. A boat fender... Never entered my noggin.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:03:44 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

Paint Shop

Thanks, I used to have that but it fell by the wayside because because I did
so little of it.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:57:41 -0400, wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

Paint Shop

I like InfranView for photo work and Paint.net for text and more.
Great programs that are free.

Sample: http://oi33.tinypic.com/rmnwo5.jpg (panoramic of three (3)
photos with text. Both are free. They complement each other for what
each lack.

I have InfranView. I will look at Paint.net. I have big dreams of actually
becoming creative but doubt will realize them due to priorities.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:05:56 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:03:44 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

Paint Shop

Thanks, I used to have that but it fell by the wayside because because I did
so little of it.

V 4.0 is easier to use than anything in Windows with more power so I
have it set as the default program for any kind of picture file.
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:05:56 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:03:44 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food..

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

What program did you use to annotate the scan?

Paint Shop

Thanks, I used to have that but it fell by the wayside because because I did
so little of it.

V 4.0 is easier to use than anything in Windows with more power so I
have it set as the default program for any kind of picture file.

I will see if I can locate it. I know I do not have it ion this machine.

InfranView will make thumbnails easy. IDK if Paint Shop did that.

--
Tekkie