Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to remove old GE microwave oven...

replying to David Cook, Donie wrote:
The OLD GE Spacesaver microwaves (the ones with wood grain look on the front
and dials) are installed in a shelf/case like assembly. The microwave
actually slides into this shelf/case, rather than having a tilt down style
mounting plate.

Remove the top two screws in the cabinet above, then remove the top vent
screws. There are two hex head screws (in Each corner) behind the top vent
that hold the microwave to the shelf/case.

Next, remove the screws underneath the microwave. The bottom of the microwave
has a hinge on the back and will just drop down.

Remove the two screws that hold the electrical cover. Disconnect the
electrical (the electrical plug is part of the shelf/case).

The microwave should now slide out revealing the mounting screws rust hold the
shelf/case assembly to the wall.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-544175-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

some models have a safety latch that must be disengaged.

after you take the bolts out you need to remove the
louvers at the top

there will be a small lever that you pull to release the safety latch

CAUTION, when you pull the lever, be prepared to support the weight of the oven.

If you have not done it before, I would call it a 2 person job.

There is a YouTube showing this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to makolber, Virginia wrote:
Where is lever located?????

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-544175-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-4, Virginia wrote:
replying to makolber, Virginia wrote:
Where is lever located?????

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-544175-.htm

on mine, it was behind the vent grill.

take off the front grill and there will be a small metal rod lever that you pull

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to makolber, Cookin with steam wrote:
This might be the case with my he space maker which we cant get out. Can
you send YouTube link?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-544175-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Cookin with steam, Katie wrote:
Did you ever get your microwave removed? My old JVM140 is stuck. We removed
the 2 screws from the cabinet above and the 2 very long screws from behind the
top grill. I don't see a safety latch, but something is holding it..

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-544175-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Donie, Ron Markovich wrote:
Donie is correct. These microwaves are mounted differently than most new ones
are. I have one of these models (1984). Mine finally just died and I have to
remove it. The microwave in part by the the metal shell that surrounds the
sides and top of the microwave.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-544175-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Katie - I have the same one. Did you get it out?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-544175-.htm

How to remove old GE microwave oven... Suzy[_6_] Home Repair 2 August 4th 18 10:43 PM
I have a very old 40 year old Thermadore Double Oven.. I am trying tochange the oven cables but need help KOS Home Repair 2 July 21st 11 01:47 AM
Disposing of my old Microwave Oven? Shawn Lin Electronics Repair 5 April 6th 08 03:31 AM
Old tile - To remove or not to remove... rb608 Home Repair 3 July 12th 06 04:06 AM
Samsung Microwave & GE Microwave oven Soyrunner Electronics Repair 5 March 15th 05 01:46 PM