DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Why not vent gas dryer into garage? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/635147-why-not-vent-gas-dryer-into-garage.html)

[email protected] April 27th 19 04:51 AM

Why not vent gas dryer into garage?

Our drier has vented into the garage since it was built - 50 years ago. I absolutely hate it. The lint flies EVerywhere causing a constant gritty mess. Havent noticed any issues with moisture tho.

\[email protected] April 27th 19 04:59 AM

On 4/26/19 11:51 PM, wrote:
Our drier has vented into the garage since it was built - 50 years ago. I absolutely hate it. The lint flies EVerywhere causing a constant gritty mess. Havent noticed any issues with moisture tho.

Have you looked into adding an "indoor lint trap" like one of these ?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dryer+ven...ref=nb_sb_noss

Clare Snyder April 27th 19 05:51 AM

Why not vent gas dryer into garage?

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 20:51:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Our drier has vented into the garage since it was built - 50 years ago. I absolutely hate it. The lint flies EVerywhere causing a constant gritty mess. Haven’t noticed any issues with moisture tho.

Your garage must be well vented (or poorly sealed)

Clare Snyder April 27th 19 05:53 AM

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 23:59:45 -0400, wrote:

On 4/26/19 11:51 PM, wrote:
Our drier has vented into the garage since it was built - 50 years ago. I absolutely hate it. The lint flies EVerywhere causing a constant gritty mess. Haven’t noticed any issues with moisture tho.

Have you looked into adding an "indoor lint trap" like one of these ?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dryer+ven...ref=nb_sb_noss

Just remember to change them every month or so

catalpa April 27th 19 04:16 PM

wrote in message
Our drier has vented into the garage since it was built - 50 years ago. I
absolutely hate it. The lint flies EVerywhere causing a constant gritty
mess. Haven't noticed any issues with moisture tho.

Venting a dryer to a garage is a building code violation. Dryers must be
vented outside the building.