Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement parts for vinyl windows?

Anyone know a source of parts for vinyl windows? I need
the "L" that sits at the bottom and covers the drainage
path. The "L" is about 1 3/8" x 3/4" x width of window.
Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:52:44 -0700 (PDT), Davej
wrote:

Anyone know a source of parts for vinyl windows? I need
the "L" that sits at the bottom and covers the drainage
path. The "L" is about 1 3/8" x 3/4" x width of window.
Thanks.

What brand window? Go to the dealer for that window and ask them to
get you he required part. If it's off-brand crap - good luck!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 4:06:21 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:52:44 -0700 (PDT), Davej wrote:

Anyone know a source of parts for vinyl windows? I need
the "L" that sits at the bottom and covers the drainage
path. The "L" is about 1 3/8" x 3/4" x width of window.
Thanks.

What brand window? Go to the dealer for that window and ask
them to get you he required part. If it's off-brand crap -
good luck!!!

Certainteed, which apparently exited the window business. The
part I need is merely an "L" shaped extrusion. Nothing complex.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 07:46:42 -0700 (PDT), Davej
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 4:06:21 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:52:44 -0700 (PDT), Davej wrote:

Anyone know a source of parts for vinyl windows? I need
the "L" that sits at the bottom and covers the drainage
path. The "L" is about 1 3/8" x 3/4" x width of window.
Thanks.

What brand window? Go to the dealer for that window and ask
them to get you he required part. If it's off-brand crap -
good luck!!!

Certainteed, which apparently exited the window business. The
part I need is merely an "L" shaped extrusion. Nothing complex.

The extrusions are specific to the "profile" If Cert5aiunteed used a
rehau profile any manufacturer using rehau profiles will be able to
supply the part. Nobody else's profile will fit. Same with any other
profile - I'm most familliar with Rehau.(both window companies I
worked with sold windows based on the rehau profile)