DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wine corks, many (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/634919-wine-corks-many.html)

OlaviPekkanen April 20th 19 09:29 PM

Wine corks, many

I hate to wasted raw materials.
Ive been saving wine bottle corks for 10 years.

I have many wine corks.

Theyre unique as a raw material.
Do you know good alternative home use for them?

Oren[_2_] April 20th 19 09:51 PM

Wine corks, many

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 23:29:37 +0300, OlaviPekkanen
wrote:

I hate to wasted raw materials.
Ive been saving wine bottle corks for 10 years.

I have many wine corks.

Theyre unique as a raw material.
Do you know good alternative home use for them?

Slice them and make feet for a cutting board

Plugs for fermented citrus.

Stopper is a moonshine jug?

[email protected] April 20th 19 11:05 PM

Wine corks, many

wrote:

I hate to wasted raw materials.
Ive been saving wine bottle corks for 10 years.

I have many wine corks.

Theyre unique as a raw material.
Do you know good alternative home use for them?

Slice them and make feet for a cutting board
Plugs for fermented citrus.
Stopper is a moonshine jug?

If you have a local online Buy & Sell -
FaceBook ; Kijiji ; CraigsList ..
You can advertise stuff "Free" and be pleasantly
surprised when an eager crafter shows up and
happily for both of you has a constructive use
for "stuff" like wine corks ..
John T.

[email protected] April 20th 19 11:31 PM

Wine corks, many

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 1:29:43 PM UTC-7, OlaviPekkanen wrote:
I hate to wasted raw materials.
Ive been saving wine bottle corks for 10 years.

I have many wine corks.

Theyre unique as a raw material.
Do you know good alternative home use for them?

I use a few of the clean ones at home as bumpers for my sliding, bypass windows; they fit perfectly in the rail. Give the rest to any crafty person who may want them. I've never tried it, but you may make a nice dart board using them.

% April 21st 19 12:00 AM

Wine corks, many

On 2019-04-20 3:31 p.m., wrote:
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 1:29:43 PM UTC-7, OlaviPekkanen wrote:
I hate to wasted raw materials.
Ive been saving wine bottle corks for 10 years.

I have many wine corks.

Theyre unique as a raw material.
Do you know good alternative home use for them?

I use a few of the clean ones at home as bumpers for my sliding, bypass windows; they fit perfectly in the rail. Give the rest to any crafty person who may want them. I've never tried it, but you may make a nice dart board using them.

they make good strike indicators for fishing

Rod Speed April 21st 19 12:24 AM

Wine corks, many

OlaviPekkanen wrote

I hate to wasted raw materials.
Ive been saving wine bottle corks for 10 years.

I have many wine corks.

Theyre unique as a raw material.
Do you know good alternative home use for them?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....kL._UX679_.jpg

Not sure that that would use much of your 10 year collection
tho, depends on how much of a drunken wino you are I spose.

rbowman April 21st 19 03:10 AM

Wine corks, many

On 04/20/2019 02:29 PM, OlaviPekkanen wrote:
I hate to wasted raw materials.
Ive been saving wine bottle corks for 10 years.

My brother made a wall hanging from his.

https://www.amazon.com/Wine-Enthusia...dp/B000B8UWI6/

It was sort of like that except he was into woodworking and it wasn't a
kit.

Bob F April 21st 19 03:46 AM

Wine corks, many

https://www.google.com/search?client...=wine+cork+art

Peeler[_3_] April 21st 19 09:26 AM

Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 09:24:58 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....kL._UX679_.jpg

Not sure that that would use much of your 10 year collection
tho, depends on how much of a drunken wino you are I spose.

You REALLY got NOBODY in real life to talk to, eh, you abnormal 85-year-old
senile pest? BG

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"