DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Seniors must pay cash (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/634811-re-seniors-must-pay-cash.html)

Mark Lloyd[_12_] April 16th 19 05:20 PM

Seniors must pay cash

On 4/15/19 5:29 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

I told the story here of the lady who looked to be in her 60s that
had the checkout stalled. She bought a steak that has a price marked of
X, and with the store card, you got 30% off. The cash register showed
it as let's say $12.73, discount -$3.66. She kept asking, but how much is
the steak? The register person kept saying it's right here, $12.73 minus
$3.66. But the woman kept asking for the price of the steak. And this
was Shoprite, big chain that has been doing discounts this way forever,
as have other stores. Supervisor came over too and round and round it went.
I guess neither had a calculator or could do the simple math to give her
the actual price, but I don't think that would have solved it either.

There are stores around here that show discounts that way, and I often
hear the employees explaining that. It the item is marked $10 and there
is a $3 discount, customers ask why the receipt shows $10 (with a
separate item for -$3).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The state of Texas has executed another inmate. But unforseen legal
issues have arisen. The state has killed so many people this year, it
must now register as a tobacco company."

trader_4 April 16th 19 08:03 PM

Seniors must pay cash

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 12:20:49 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
[...]

We call those customers Democrats.

[email protected] April 16th 19 08:39 PM

Seniors must pay cash

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 3:04:05 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

We call them Humanities Majors.

Cindy Hamilton

Vic Smith April 17th 19 02:56 AM

Seniors must pay cash

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:03:59 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 wrote:

[...]

A year and half from now you'll have to make a choice.
A "Democrat" - or Trump. Good luck.

rbowman April 17th 19 04:23 AM

Seniors must pay cash

On 04/16/2019 07:56 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
A year and half from now you'll have to make a choice.
A "Democrat" - or Trump. Good luck.

I'm non-binary...