Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building detached garage?

This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

....but realistically what would go wrong?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/12/2019 9:33 AM, Davej wrote:
This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

...but realistically what would go wrong?

I'd farm out the concrete work, but I've done the rest. Really is not
all that hard with a helper. Easier than a house as you don't have the
plumbing to contend with but you do want some electric.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/12/19 9:33 AM, Davej wrote:
...but realistically what would go wrong?

ROFLMAO!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 9:33:41 AM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

...but realistically what would go wrong?

My husband and I built a garage in 2006. We hired the concrete and
roofing. A buddy came over and helped raise the roof trusses.

It was a lot of work, but nothing was very complicated.

A lot could go wrong, but my husband's a mechanical genius, so
nothing did.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 9:33:41 AM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

...but realistically what would go wrong?

My husband and I built a garage in 2006. We hired the concrete and
roofing. A buddy came over and helped raise the roof trusses.

It was a lot of work, but nothing was very complicated.

A lot could go wrong, but my husband's a mechanical genius, so
nothing did.

I designed and built my entire quite fancy quite large passive solar house.
I did it with concrete blocks, not timber framed and its got a flat metal
decking roof and uses galvanised sheet metal inverted J beams with
variable height timber rafters bolted to the inverted J beams.

Quite a bit of work but very doable by anyone with any real
mechanical ability.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 04:32:36 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I designed and built my entire quite fancy quite large passive solar house.

Not to forget the computer OS that you helped design, you psychopathic
senile asshole! LOL

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:48:22 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/12/2019 9:33 AM, Davej wrote:
This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

...but realistically what would go wrong?

I'd farm out the concrete work, but I've done the rest. Really is not
all that hard with a helper. Easier than a house as you don't have the
plumbing to contend with but you do want some electric.

Even the plumbing is not that hard to deal with. Cold water goes on
the right and **** don't flow up hill. The only thing you really have
to think about is venting but my gray water from the garage goes out
on the banana trees so there is no methane to worry about. I did do 2
bathrooms and a kitchen in 3 remodels. The garage I built in Md was 2
story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 9:33:41 AM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

...but realistically what would go wrong?

My husband and I built a garage in 2006. We hired the concrete and
roofing. A buddy came over and helped raise the roof trusses.

It was a lot of work, but nothing was very complicated.

A lot could go wrong, but my husband's a mechanical genius, so
nothing did.

I designed and built my entire quite fancy quite large passive solar
house.
I did it with concrete blocks,

Not ICF?

Nar, very high quality quartz aggregate individual 16x8x8" concrete blocks.
Very hard and very strong, but a bugger to lift up to head height when
laying
them at the end of a very long day and a real ******* to drill before SDS
showed up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 09:43:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,

wrote:

wrote in message
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 9:33:41 AM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

...but realistically what would go wrong?

My husband and I built a garage in 2006. We hired the concrete and
roofing. A buddy came over and helped raise the roof trusses.

It was a lot of work, but nothing was very complicated.

A lot could go wrong, but my husband's a mechanical genius, so
nothing did.

I designed and built my entire quite fancy quite large passive solar
house.
I did it with concrete blocks,

Not ICF?

Nar, very high quality quartz aggregate individual 16x8x8" concrete blocks.

I still maintain that you are trolling from an ICF (intermediate care
facilty), you 85-year-old senile pest!

Very hard and very strong,

No concrete block can be as hard and dense as your thick head, you abnormal
senile Ozzietard trolling from his old people's home.

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder