Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Non submersible water pump

I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2019 7:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

Â* What lift ? That is , how many feet are you lifting the water ?
Anything over 26 feet require a submersible (lift vs suction) pump or
eductor system .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/19 8:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

You mean like these ?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=transfer+...f=nb_sb_noss_2
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 7:22:10 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 3/31/2019 7:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

Â* What lift ? That is , how many feet are you lifting the water ?
Anything over 26 feet require a submersible (lift vs suction) pump or
eductor system .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

Only a foot lift. I want to fill my water flosser reservoir from another container.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 7:24:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On 3/31/19 8:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

You mean like these ?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=transfer+...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Those are more capacity than I need.

Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On 3/31/19 8:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

You mean like these ?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=transfer+...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Those are more capacity than I need.

I looked for a pump from an old coffee maker.

Unfortunately, it was gravity fed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In A K writes:

I looked for a pump from an old coffee maker.

water pump from a junked car yard? 12V DC, but that
shouldn't be a problem...

I picked one up a decade ago for $5 intending to use
it with a solar panel to circulate the water.

Never quite got around to it, but at $5 or $10,
you've got plenty of options.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2019 8:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-10W-...m/292710863470

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2019 7:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

Â* What lift ? That is , how many feet are you lifting the water ?
Anything over 26 feet require a submersible (lift vs suction) pump or
eductor system .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

Only a foot lift. I want to fill my water flosser reservoir from another container.

Andy

OK, what about this $13 D cell battery unit

https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Tools-...gateway&sr=8-1

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/19 7:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

A search for self priming pump should eliminate the submersible
ones.
There are self priming pumps powered by drills.

Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 8:06:59 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 3/31/19 7:16 PM, A K wrote:
I did not think it would be hard to find this.

I am looking for a small non-submersible water pump.

It only needs to be able to transfer about 1 gallon per minute.

All I could find are submersible pumps.

Andy

A search for self priming pump should eliminate the submersible
ones.
There are self priming pumps powered by drills.

Thanks.

I found one for $15.

Andy