Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing white stain on rubber tiles

My outdoor patio has rubber tiles (made from recycled tires) on the concrete slab.

I have used a detergent+water solution in a pressure washer to clean the tiles but a white "stain" remains.

What is the white stuff and how can I remove it?

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2019 8:19 PM, condo owner wrote:
My outdoor patio has rubber tiles (made from recycled tires) on the concrete slab.

I have used a detergent+water solution in a pressure washer to clean the tiles but a white "stain" remains.

What is the white stuff and how can I remove it?

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg

Probably minerals from water. you may have some luck with CLR or
similar. If that does not work, think about some sort of tire black
treatment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 9:46:17 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/28/2019 8:19 PM, condo owner wrote:
My outdoor patio has rubber tiles (made from recycled tires) on the concrete slab.

I have used a detergent+water solution in a pressure washer to clean the tiles but a white "stain" remains.

What is the white stuff and how can I remove it?

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg

Probably minerals from water. you may have some luck with CLR or
similar. If that does not work, think about some sort of tire black
treatment.

Along those lines, the big question is if it's something on the tiles that
can be removed or if the finish is ruined and that's what we are seeing.
We also can only see one tile, no idea if it's all over many or just one
area. If it's just this one spot, could be something was spilled on it
and that it's still there. Or could be that it somehow wore out in that
spot and that's what it looks like when it turns to crap?
What did it look like before cleaning? Like Ed said, if all else fails,
you might be able to cover it with stain, paint or similar, but IDK how
well any of that will work with rubber tiles. Or if it's just a few,
maybe you can move some good ones from someplace that's not noticeable
if you have to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Here are more photos:

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/459226720...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/140228500...ome-design.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's a photo of the rubber tiles when they were new (8 years ago):

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgstmp/1ce0d7...29cd_tmp-9486/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 29, 2019 at 10:15:57 AM UTC-4, condo owner wrote:
Here are more photos:

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/459226720...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/140228500...ome-design.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd bet that it has something to do with how they
were manufactured, that those areas are somehow different, eg the
material wasn't fully mixed, etc. I'm more confident that it's not
something that's on them, than you can remove. You could try working
on one area of one that's not in a main viewing area. Try a nylon
kitchen scrub brush, working up to steel wool, sandpaper etc and
see what happens and how it looks. You might be able to remove some
of the material, exposing something better underneath. But it's also
possible the nice finish is just on the top, who knows....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 29, 2019 at 10:22:08 AM UTC-4, condo owner wrote:
Here's a photo of the rubber tiles when they were new (8 years ago):

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgstmp/1ce0d7...29cd_tmp-9486/

I assume you know what company made them? Send the pics to them and
ask them what happened and what to do. Some of those pics show a sharp
transition, ie one tile is hosed up, the one right next to it is fine.
Also within the bad ones, part is fine, then there is an abrupt shift
to a bad area. That doesn't look like something got on them or like it's
from wear, it looks like a manufacturing defect to me. Did they look
like that before power washing? You didn't over do it with the PW
pressure, did you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

The tiles were made by Multy Home (in Canada).

I've sent them several e-mails and I've used the "Contact Us" form on their website -- http://www.multyhome.com/contact-us -- but they don't respond.

The tiles looked the same before pressure-washing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2019 10:22 AM, condo owner wrote:
Here's a photo of the rubber tiles when they were new (8 years ago):

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgstmp/1ce0d7...29cd_tmp-9486/

They looked nice when new. Looking at how many and the way they
discolored, it is probably something in the mix, not the surface. Have
you tried scraping a spot? In a corner take a knife and scrape about
1/32 off and see if it is black or mixed with the discoloration.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 29, 2019 at 10:46:28 AM UTC-4, condo owner wrote:
The tiles were made by Multy Home (in Canada).

I've sent them several e-mails and I've used the "Contact Us" form on their website -- http://www.multyhome.com/contact-us -- but they don't respond.

The tiles looked the same before pressure-washing.

Where did you buy them and get them installed? I'd take a good one, a bad
one and go ask them what's going on. If it's a problem with the tiles,
they probably know about it. I wonder if they are still being made?
If so, you could get new ones to replace the bad ones. Which is why I
always get some extra material with things like that, just in case.
But if it is a problem with the tiles, it's probably only a solution for some
number of years, before more and more of them go.

I've come to the conclusion that pavers are probably the best option for
this kind of thing. I had a large stamped concrete patio poured, after
researching that. Nobody said that the finish on those also wears off
after ten years or so, but it does. And you have to keep sealing it every
few years to try to keep it looking good. At about 15 years, I wound
up painting mine. It still looks good, you have the pattern, but it
doesn't have the variation that makes it look more like real stone anymore
either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 07:15:52 -0700 (PDT), condo owner
wrote:

Here are more photos:

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/459226720...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/140228500...ome-design.jpg

I agree with Ed. Minerals. It could be leaching from the concrete or
from hard water.

See: Efflorescence https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efflorescence

For grins & giggles, try soaking with some 6% White Cleaning Vinegar
and scrub with a good nylon or soft brass brush.

YMMV
Posted to alt.home.repair

"condo owner" wrote in message
Here are more photos:

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/459226720...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/140228500...ome-design.jpg

Those dont look like something spilled. They look more
like some manufacturing defect given that they are
surprisingly square or rectangular within a particular tile.

And not that likely to be the result of pressure washing either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"condo owner" wrote in message
The tiles were made by Multy Home (in Canada).

I've sent them several e-mails and I've used the "Contact Us"
form on their website -- http://www.multyhome.com/contact-us
-- but they don't respond.

Looks suspiciously like its a known problem
if its been weeks since you asked them and
they are hoping you will give up and go away.

The tiles looked the same before pressure-washing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 04:00:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c132db930...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/459226720...ome-design.jpg
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/140228500...ome-design.jpg

Those don¢t look like something spilled. They look more
like some manufacturing defect given that they are
surprisingly square or rectangular within a particular tile.

Two posters said that already, senile idiot! Just what makes you believe an
answer is only valid when you confirm it? Your senility and your idiocy? G

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 04:04:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I've sent them several e-mails and I've used the "Contact Us"
form on their website -- http://www.multyhome.com/contact-us
-- but they don't respond.

Looks suspiciously like it¢s a known problem

You mean it's like you then? LOL

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder

Posted to alt.home.repair

I just drive around until rain or puddles wash the
white stains off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Theckmah, the village idiot, wrote in message

I just drive around until rain or puddles wash the white stains off.

Of course, you're a retarded dumb ****; too stupid to even read the article
you're responding to with your dumb-****ery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

IDENTIFYING COLONEL BURKE The usenet troll known as "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" has made thousands of stomach-turning, obscene posts

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On 3/31/2019 1:38 PM, condo owner wrote:
IDENTIFYING COLONEL BURKE The usenet troll known as "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" has made thousands of stomach-turning, obscene posts

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/copro$20burke
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default Fecalpheliac Copro little Eddie Burke

On 3/31/2019 2:18 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 3/31/2019 10:38 AM, condo owner wrote:
IDENTIFYING COLONEL BURKE The usenet troll known as "Colonel Edmund J.
Burke" has made thousands of stomach-turning, obscene posts

WTF is wrong with you?
You must be a Navy man.

https://imgur.com/lrQvLto LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

On 4/1/2019 10:46 AM, Copro little Eddie Burke wrote:
On 3/31/2019 11:22 AM, Jack Granade wrote:
On 3/31/2019 2:18 PM, Copro little Eddie Burke wrote:
On 3/31/2019 10:38 AM, condo owner wrote:
IDENTIFYING COLONEL BURKE The usenet troll known as "Colonel Edmund
J. Burke" has made thousands of stomach-turning, obscene posts

WTF is wrong with you?
You must be a Navy man.

Â*

https://imgur.com/lrQvLtoÂ* LOL

Thank you for sharing, you faggot.
LOL

Bonding rubber to rubber GB UK diy 28 September 18th 16 07:45 PM
Shaping rubber and rubber balls. T i m UK diy 20 August 27th 08 10:55 PM
Was: Shaping rubber and rubber balls: Update T i m UK diy 0 August 24th 08 04:36 PM
Rubber idler wheel rubber restoration Jeff Liebermann Electronics Repair 27 January 15th 08 05:19 AM
Removing rubber stain caused by gasoline.. how? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 10th 05 10:00 PM