Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for a storage shed kit?

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 15:01:22 +1100, "Jac Brown"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 3/28/2019 10:44 PM, Jac Brown wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM, wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

Cant see that working because of the curved hull required.

Not convinced it would work for a barge either, hard to
do the joints.

Duh, its been done
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_ship

http://www.concreteships.org/ships/ww2/

I wasnt talking about concrete ships, of course those have been dont.
I was talking about push up concrete slabs for walls, can't see that
working for a normal ship or even a barge for the reason I stated.

But with 20/20 hindsight when not so early in the morning,
he may have been talking about YTong concrete that floats.
Not convinced about that either because those blocks are
autoclaved and its hard to see how you would make a
viable boat out of concrete blocks. The mortar between
block doesnt glue the blocks together, its actually just
a way of bedding the edges so they dont rock or leak.

I suppose I might be able to find a picture but I know a core drilled
piece from a Ytong wall floated in my pool. This **** feels like white
pine.

Sure, but its not feasible to do a boat like that. Its too big to autoclave
and you can't make boats out of even concrete blocks that float.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:12:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:29:40 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM, wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

That may be the same stuff.

No its not, YTong concrete is autoclaved, ferro
cement boats can't be, they are too big for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocl...rated_concrete

you just need a big enough kiln. The panels I was looking at were 8x16
feet. That could have been a 16' boat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:12:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM, wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

That may be the same stuff.

No its not, YTong concrete is autoclaved, ferro
cement boats can't be, they are too big for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocl...rated_concrete

you just need a big enough kiln.

Not enough would build a boat that way to warrant doing that.

The panels I was looking at were 8x16
feet. That could have been a 16' boat.

Nope, because the boat is much thicker.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 17:18:15 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM, wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

That may be the same stuff.

No its not, YTong concrete is autoclaved, ferro
cement boats can't be, they are too big for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocl...rated_concrete

you just need a big enough kiln.

Not enough would build a boat that way to warrant doing that.

The panels I was looking at were 8x16
feet. That could have been a 16' boat.

Nope, because the boat is much thicker.

These were 16' x 8' x 8" thick panels and I bet they were not cooking
them one at a time.
Stuffing that 16' boat in that kiln would be trivial.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 17:18:15 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:12:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM, wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

That may be the same stuff.

No its not, YTong concrete is autoclaved, ferro
cement boats can't be, they are too big for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocl...rated_concrete

you just need a big enough kiln.

Not enough would build a boat that way to warrant doing that.

The panels I was looking at were 8x16
feet. That could have been a 16' boat.

Nope, because the boat is much thicker.

These were 16' x 8' x 8" thick panels and
I bet they were not cooking them one at a time.

Sure, but the economics of a 16' boat occupying
the whole thing with just 2 panels is much worse
and non viable.

Stuffing that 16' boat in that kiln would be trivial.

Yes but the economics isnt. And a 16' boat isnt much of a boat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 13:44:30 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

Cant see that working because of the curved hull required.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile Ozzietard? VBG

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 15:01:22 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

I wasn¢t talking about concrete ships,

Nobody should really give a **** about what you talk about, you abnormal
senile asshole from Oz!

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:15:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Sure, but its not feasible to do a boat like that. Its too big to autoclave
and you can't make boats out of even concrete blocks that float.

You'd better worry about that concrete block that is your head, you retarded
senile Ozzie blockhead!

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:14:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Sure, but that's not YTong concrete. Its autoclaved.

Sorry, but you simply ARE an auto-contradicting pathological asshole, senile
Rot!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:12:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the abnormal senile Ozzietard's latest troll****

Do you get some sort of tiny senile climax every time you manage to
auto-contradict, you abnormal senile idiot? VBG

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 17:18:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Not

LOL

Nope

LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 18:12:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Sure, but the economics of a 16' boat occupying
the whole thing with just 2 panels is much worse
and non viable.

Stuffing that 16' boat in that kiln would be trivial.

Yes but the economics isnt. And a 16' boat isnt much of a boat.

I wonder how long it will still take that senile Yank until he realizes
what's the matter with you, senile Ozzietard. Don't you wonder too? BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM, wrote:
[...]

I was thinking of some sort of molding technique using shotcrete or
gunite. The autoclave part might be technically if not economically
feasible. At least it wouldn't be as nasty as fiberglass with a chopper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:29:40 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM,
wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

That may be the same stuff.

No its not, YTong concrete is autoclaved, ferro
cement boats can't be, they are too big for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocl...rated_concrete

you just need a big enough kiln. The panels I was looking at were 8x16
feet. That could have been a 16' boat.

There are some very large industrial autoclaves. You wouldn't be doing a
Queen Mary but smaller pleasure craft like drift boats could be done.
That's where the economics breaks down. Glass is nasty but it's fast.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:29:40 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM,
wrote:
As your article says, Florida loves tilt up. It is a fast way to get
to the wind code. They were in love with Y Tong concrete for a while
but it went away just as fast. I am not sure what happened there.
That is interesting stuff (air entrained) it floats.

I wonder if you could adapt it to ferro-cement boat building?

That may be the same stuff.

No its not, YTong concrete is autoclaved, ferro
cement boats can't be, they are too big for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocl...rated_concrete

you just need a big enough kiln. The panels I was looking at were 8x16
feet. That could have been a 16' boat.

There are some very large industrial autoclaves. You wouldn't be doing a
Queen Mary but smaller pleasure craft like drift boats could be done.
That's where the economics breaks down. Glass is nasty but it's fast.

Things like this are usually advertising stunts, not any attempt to
replace the glass boat industry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 02:40:32 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 17:18:15 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:12:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:29:40 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM,
wrote:
[...]

You cpuld park a transport truck in many autoclaves.

The Boeing autoclave for the dreamniner components is 30 x 75 feet. -
total volume over 82000 cu ft. - Built by ASC Process Systems.

Runs at 450F and about 150psi.

Hutachi built another one in Japan for Boing that is 98.5 feet long
and 30 feet in diiameter./ Could make a pretty good sized hull in
either of those!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 12:26:22 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 07:51:31 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:29:40 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/27/2019 10:27 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Quite a few ferrocrete yachts - and the tall ship training ship
Fallmouth is ferrocrete. Lots of ferrocrete "samson" lobster boats in
the carribean as well. - and John Samson's famous "stormstrutter"
which he sailed extensively from about 1970 'till his death in 2009 -
and I believe the family still owns and sails it. (a 48 ft Ketch) Lots
of Ferrocrete boats were built from Samson plans - and quite a few
actually ended up in the water and sailing.