Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Upgrading the bathroom

We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr
Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-03-14 1:42 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house.Â* I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort.Â* These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

the flush is the important factor
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-03-14 1:42 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house.Â* I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort.Â* These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

the flush is the important factor

Bingo.
Plus, what's easiest to clean? What doesn't look too bad
if maintenance isn't perfect? #6?

Consumer Reports has this as their highest rated:

St. Thomas by IceraRichmond ECO (6123.218, 6125.028)
$350
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:42:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

Just buy a dual purpose unit.

http://static.dudeiwantthat.com/img/outdoors/garden/wwii-era-dual-military-field-14128.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 4:42:45 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

I like the second one, but the seat's a little plain.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/19 5:31 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 4:42:45 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

I like the second one, but the seat's a little plain.

Cindy Hamilton

It's a good thing you and I aren't under the same roof. We'd have a lot
of "discussions". The second one looks uncomfortable and would need
a pressure washer to clean. I'm a repairman and have always had the KISS
rule drummed into me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2019 8:10 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 3/15/19 5:31 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 4:42:45 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house.Â* I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort.Â* These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

I like the second one, but the seat's a little plain.

Cindy Hamilton

Â*Â* It's a good thing you and I aren't under the same roof.Â* We'd have a
lot
of "discussions".Â*Â*Â* The second one looks uncomfortable and would need
a pressure washer to clean.Â* I'm a repairman and have always had the KISS
rule drummed into me.

People that have toilets like that also have people to clean them too.
Not an issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 4:56:05 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:42:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

Just buy a dual purpose unit.

http://static.dudeiwantthat.com/img/outdoors/garden/wwii-era-dual-military-field-14128.jpg

That's pretty funny.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andy" wrote in message
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 4:56:05 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:42:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

Just buy a dual purpose unit.

http://static.dudeiwantthat.com/img/outdoors/garden/wwii-era-dual-military-field-14128.jpg

That's pretty funny.

Not when the other bugger has been gorging on the worst curry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 01:31 am in Australia ...and the Forsaken Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll is up and Trolling AGAIN! LMAO

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 01:31:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Not when the other bugger has been gorging on the worst curry.

So, what's life like at 01:32 in Australia, you obnoxious sleepless senile
troll? BG

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:21:20 -0500, Dean Hoffman

On 2019-03-14 1:42 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house.* I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort.* These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

the flush is the important factor

Bingo.
Plus, what's easiest to clean?

That's for sure. My brother had been satisfied with a luxury house
built in the 60's or 70's, but his wife wanted something glamorous, and
even then she remodeled it. My SIL doesn't have the sense G-d gave a
billygoat when it comes to spending money. And she put in every
bathroom some fancy European looking toilet and EVERY time I used it, it
was dirty afterwards. I didn't have diarrhea or anything, but the water
area was tiny, so everything landed on the porcelain and made it dirty.

I otoh have standard Elgin toilets with a big pond in the bottom so
everything lands in the water and after I flush, the toilet is as clean
as when it was new.

If I were in my brother's shoes I would have taken my loss, taken out
the stupid toilets and put in standard ones.

The SIL also added a room to the 2nd floor** in which she put literally
20 pieces of exercise equipment, none of which she ever used. And it
shows. My brother, who has been thin all his life, used 2 or 3 of them
on occasion. But a whole room!!! She does go into business herself
but always loses money.

**At least it sat on a room that already existed on the first floor, but
it still must have cost plenty to add a room, for exercise equipment she
never used. And all one needs is one or two pieces, not 20.

Never makes airline reservations in advance, so she pays full dollar on
those. .

What doesn't look too bad
if maintenance isn't perfect? #6?

Consumer Reports has this as their highest rated:

St. Thomas by IceraRichmond ECO (6123.218, 6125.028)
$350

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/17/2019 03:36 PM, micky wrote:
That's for sure. My brother had been satisfied with a luxury house
built in the 60's or 70's, but his wife wanted something glamorous, and
even then she remodeled it. My SIL doesn't have the sense G-d gave a
billygoat when it comes to spending money. And she put in every
bathroom some fancy European looking toilet and EVERY time I used it, it
was dirty afterwards. I didn't have diarrhea or anything, but the water
area was tiny, so everything landed on the porcelain and made it dirty.

That was the bidet, you ignorant ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/17/2019 9:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/17/2019 03:36 PM, micky wrote:
That's for sure.* My brother had been satisfied with a luxury house
built in the 60's or 70's, but his wife wanted something glamorous, and
even then she remodeled it.** My SIL doesn't have the sense G-d gave a
billygoat when it comes to spending money.** And she put in every
bathroom some fancy European looking toilet and EVERY time I used it, it
was dirty afterwards.* I didn't have diarrhea or anything, but the water
area was tiny, so everything landed on the porcelain and made it dirty.

That was the bidet, you ignorant ****.

Speaking of bathrooms, ours has what is called a water closet. Inside is
the toilet. I think that is the wrong name. If you want a drink of
water, do you go there for it? No. If you want a pot of water for the
stove, do you go to the water closet? No, you go to the sink.

With the truth in advertising laws, it seems to me that the proper name
should be more honest, like the **** Shack. Pee Place. Poop Palace.
Crapper Closet.
Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2019 4:42 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
We recently moved to a new house.Â* I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort.Â* These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

Thread is reminding me of a stay at the Madonna Inn in CA many years ago:

https://www.madonnainn.com/viewrooms

We were in a room like this one:

https://www.madonnainn.com/room-138-daisy-mae

I have a picture somewhere of the men's room in their restaurant where
the urinal was like a miner's sluice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/17/2019 10:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Guy from Geneva did not like the men's room toilets at our US site
because people could see your feet and there were little gaps around the
sides.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:42:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

One more thing that may not apply to you.

As I got fat, I began to understand those toilet seat extensions and
even more the extra-high toilets. There are such things, right?

But later I noticed that the problem was trying to lower myself straight
to the seat, getting my center of gravity not over my feet, and then
falling backwards. So now I lower myself straight down, which even fat
I can do, and when I'm low enough I rock back to being over the seat.

It works fine. No need for a special toilet, unless something
unforeseen happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We recently moved to a new house. I'm thinking of upgrading the
bathroom, but cannot decide on the toilet that would look best and yet
have some comfort. These are the ones I'm considering.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo3eWbr

One more thing that may not apply to you.

As I got fat, I began to understand those toilet seat extensions and
even more the extra-high toilets. There are such things, right?

But later I noticed that the problem was trying to lower myself straight
to the seat, getting my center of gravity not over my feet, and then
falling backwards. So now I lower myself straight down, which even fat
I can do, and when I'm low enough I rock back to being over the seat.

It works fine. No need for a special toilet, unless something
unforeseen happens.

The Water Closet has a grab bar on either side to help. We also have
the "comfort height" toilets to make it easier. Old knees don't work as
well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 04:39:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

If she doesn't charge things and she doesn't spend cash, how does she
buy groceries?

Ed does the grocery shopping like a good husband.

Nope, just pays for it.

Who talked to you, senile Ozzie asshole?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID: