Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Default Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of the photographic output?

Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of
the photographic output?
o How?

My wife and I both have the same phone, exactly.
o The only difference is her apps are the default apps (for the most part).

Mine are almost none of the defaults, where, I've been noticing that when I
take photos with her phone, versus with mine, the output seems DIFFERENT in
quality of results (QOR).

Can that be?
o Do the apps themselves affect the camera output QOR?

If so, how?
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2019 09:31 PM, arlen holder wrote:
Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of
the photographic output?
o How?

My wife and I both have the same phone, exactly.
o The only difference is her apps are the default apps (for the most part).

Mine are almost none of the defaults, where, I've been noticing that when I
take photos with her phone, versus with mine, the output seems DIFFERENT in
quality of results (QOR).

Can that be?
o Do the apps themselves affect the camera output QOR?

If so, how?

How are the photos stored? There are several different storage formats
and levels of compression.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

rbowman Wrote in message:

How are the photos stored? There are several different storage formats and levels of compression.

Additionally, the apps may differ in eventually used postprocessing.

Even if the same app is used, user may have set different default settings.

--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 3/8/19 11:31 PM, arlen holder wrote:
Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of
the photographic output?
o How?

Virtually every manufacturer on the planet rushes their new products to market loaded with less-than-fully-tested software/firmware.

Wanna buy a 5G phone for use on the AT$T 5G network hahahaha?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 12:12:08 AM UTC-5, Libor Striz wrote:
rbowman Wrote in message:

How are the photos stored? There are several different storage formats and levels of compression.

Additionally, the apps may differ in eventually used postprocessing.

Even if the same app is used, user may have set different default settings.

That's the first thing I'd check, see if the settings for the camera are
the same, eg the resolution. And which apps is he talking about? The
camera app or some other apps that can also take pictures? If it's apps
other than the camera app, then I would expect they could take pics at
much lower resolution, just what that app needs for it's purpose.
Another clue is the file sizes?

--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 04:31:46 +0000 (UTC), arlen holder
wrote:

Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of
the photographic output?
o How?

My wife and I both have the same phone, exactly.
o The only difference is her apps are the default apps (for the most part).

Mine are almost none of the defaults, where, I've been noticing that when I
take photos with her phone, versus with mine, the output seems DIFFERENT in
quality of results (QOR).

Can that be?
o Do the apps themselves affect the camera output QOR?

If so, how?

I have no answer for you. If all things are equal; maybe clean the
camera lens and the glass? Micro fiber cloth gets cooties off.

I use Open Camera free version app on Android. There is a pay version.

Visit here. Use the magnifier glass icon and search his page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO4Nw0vUpxgb0zsziJ1SaMg
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 06:12:01 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Libor Striz wrote:

Even if the same app is used, user may have set different default settings.

Those are good points, where I checked the app, which turns out to be the
same app I was using (which, actually, probably _is_ the default).

The settings were on the maximum size for both.
I just now took four pictures without flash on four devices.
Unfortunately, I have to "shrink" them to post them.
What's the best way to shrink them without changing them other than size?

1. Wife's Android LG Stylo 3 Plus:
2. My Android LG Stylo 3 Plus:
3. Wife's iPad:
4. My iPad:
https://i.postimg.cc/gJQ6y7RT/resize00.jpg

I just realized I need to compare the EXIF information where a quick
inspection shows them to be taken at the same 1/30th & automatic white
balance settings.
o Easiest free method to upload shrunk photos for digital quality of results comparison?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.photo.digital/SzL7_M9w2wA
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

arlen holder Wrote in message:
On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 06:12:01 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Libor Striz wrote:

Even if the same app is used, user may have set different default settings.

Those are good points, where I checked the app, which turns out to be thesame app I was using (which, actually, probably _is_ the default).

To address the original question,
one has to test the different applications
on the very same phone.

This would avoid eventual differences
in the wearing of optical system
and the hidden differences of the optics, chip and firmware
for various serial number ranges
of the same model.

You may have not mentioned the nature of the observed picture difference.

The sharpness ?
Artefacts?
Brightness/contrast/saturation?
White balance?

--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

arlen holder Wrote in message:

1. Wife's Android LG Stylo 3 Plus:2. My Android LG Stylo 3 Plus:3. Wife's iPad:4. My iPad: https://i.postimg.cc/gJQ6y7RT/resize00.jpgI just realized I need to compare the EXIF information where a quickinspection shows them to be taken at the same 1/30th & automatic whitebalance settings.

It will help the comparison,
if all photos take as much identical view as possible.

Otherwise exposure settings and white balance chosen by the camera AI
can take very different priorities.

--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )

----Android NewsGroup Reader----