DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fireplace in a shed?! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/632276-re-fireplace-shed.html)

Commander Kinsey March 6th 19 07:47 PM

Fireplace in a shed?!

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 01:17:40 -0000, FMurtz wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 09:52:34 -0000, FMurtz wrote:

Marland wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
I came across a shed today, 8x6m, brick built, with a slate roof,
and a
chimney! Not a boiler or wood burning stove type thing, but a
traditional brick chimney. Any idea as to why someone would do that?
It was seperate from the house, by a distance of about 8m.

Wish I had a wood burner fire in my 10.5x7 metre metal shed.

Any reason why you cant put one in? Or are there regulations that
prohibit
it.

Here in the UK stoves fitted into residences should be installed to
HETAS.
stds but unless it is one of those posh sheds where guests can
sleep the
rules are less stringent,though you do have to be sensible so it pays to
follow the guidelines anyway especially with clearances to combustible
materials.
But in a shed you dont have to spend 100s on an approved stove ,many a
DIY stove has been made from a bit of large diameter steel pipe and some
metal sheet or there are unapproved stoves sold for about £50 on eBay.

You can make one from a propane bottle, I may someday but it is summer
here and I won't think of it till winter when it is too late :)

I can't say I'd enjoy the prospect of cutting into a propane bottle.

Easy peasy and safe as houses. numerous ways, fill with water and angle
grind or if you have CO2 same thing.

And if you leave a bit of propane in it?

Jac Brown March 6th 19 08:47 PM

Fireplace in a shed?!

Marland wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

Thats what the water is for, to ensure you dont, stupid.

Peeler[_3_] March 6th 19 09:02 PM

More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 07:47:57 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Thats what the water is for, to ensure you dont, stupid.

Are you afraid that you are in Birdbrain's killfile under all your other old
nyms, you senile psychopathic troll?

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

Commander Kinsey March 6th 19 09:40 PM

Fireplace in a shed?!

Marland wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

Call me stupid again and I'll hunt you down and slice off your head.