Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deteriorated Rubber Grips on Sonicare Toothbrush Handle

The rubber grip cushioning on my wife's Sonicare HX6730 toothbrush
handle has softened, gotten sticky and started to chunk off.

The Sonicare lives on its charging stand located on the edge of her
bathroom sink. So I'm thinking the damage is the result of several
years' exposure to over-spray from hairspray and other assorted
lady-grooming chemicals.

Youtube videos show how to replace the battery and do other mechanical
repairs- but I couldn't find anything about replacing the rubber grip
panels.

I guess I could just peel them off- but I don;t think she'd be happy
with a redneck fix. Any ideas for doing a proper repair?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-6, Wade Garrett wrote:
The rubber grip cushioning on my wife's Sonicare HX6730 toothbrush
handle has softened, gotten sticky and started to chunk off.

Youtube videos show how to replace the battery and do other mechanical
repairs- but I couldn't find anything about replacing the rubber grip
panels.

I guess I could just peel them off- but I don;t think she'd be happy
with a redneck fix. Any ideas for doing a proper repair?

If you can find "heat shrink" tubing large enough
to cover it. I just checked my own (different model)
electric toothbrush and some of the tubing in
the Harbor Freight pack slid over.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 9:10:54 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
The rubber grip cushioning on my wife's Sonicare HX6730 toothbrush
handle has softened, gotten sticky and started to chunk off.

The Sonicare lives on its charging stand located on the edge of her
bathroom sink. So I'm thinking the damage is the result of several
years' exposure to over-spray from hairspray and other assorted
lady-grooming chemicals.

Youtube videos show how to replace the battery and do other mechanical
repairs- but I couldn't find anything about replacing the rubber grip
panels.

I guess I could just peel them off- but I don;t think she'd be happy
with a redneck fix. Any ideas for doing a proper repair?

I doubt a decent fix is possible. I just checked mine. It has relatively
hard plastic in those spots, but it's one of the newer ones. I think the
older ones may have had softer material. How old is it? The batteries
don't last forever and maybe it's just time to get a new one. That's what
I did. Costco has them, can probably find them online. I got mine at
Costco when I was needing new brush heads. The brushes aren't cheap and they
had a package where you got several brush heads plus the unit at a decent
price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 06:53:56 -0800 (PST), WWS TEXAS
wrote:

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-6, Wade Garrett wrote:
The rubber grip cushioning on my wife's Sonicare HX6730 toothbrush
handle has softened, gotten sticky and started to chunk off.

The Sonicare lives on its charging stand located on the edge of her
bathroom sink. So I'm thinking the damage is the result of several
years' exposure to over-spray from hairspray and other assorted
lady-grooming chemicals.

Youtube videos show how to replace the battery and do other mechanical
repairs- but I couldn't find anything about replacing the rubber grip
panels.

I guess I could just peel them off- but I don;t think she'd be happy
with a redneck fix. Any ideas for doing a proper repair?

Plasti Dip

A hobby shop may have something that's a little more girlie. Nothing
wrong with Redneck fixes as long as it work

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

https://failblog.cheezburger.com/the...it/tag/redneck
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/19 10:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I don't want to replace it because except for the rubber coming off, it
works just fine. The charge still lasts several weeks during the
twice-yearly drain it down cycle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I think it's just a cosmetic issue. I'm going to pull it all off
and if I can't sell her on still using it, I'll trade her my handle and
take hers.

Real men don't need prissy looking vibration-absorbing material on their
toothbrush handle anyway.

--
Say what you will about The South but no one retires and moves up north€¦