Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water dispenser flow

Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door.
Probably about five years old.

The water has always come out fairly fast. A few weeks ago it suddenly
slowed down. If the original flow was a 10 then now it is like a 6 or
7. I changed the water filter and at first it was fast then slowed
down again. I have purchased some new filters from a different
manufacturer.

What else can I check or do if the new filter doesn't help?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2019 12:04 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door.
Probably about five years old.

The water has always come out fairly fast. A few weeks ago it suddenly
slowed down. If the original flow was a 10 then now it is like a 6 or
7. I changed the water filter and at first it was fast then slowed
down again. I have purchased some new filters from a different
manufacturer.

What else can I check or do if the new filter doesn't help?

A water line needle valve tapped into the bottom of the water pipe might do that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 17:04:24 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door.
Probably about five years old.

The water has always come out fairly fast. A few weeks ago it suddenly
slowed down. If the original flow was a 10 then now it is like a 6 or
7. I changed the water filter and at first it was fast then slowed
down again. I have purchased some new filters from a different
manufacturer.

What else can I check or do if the new filter doesn't help?

Air in the water line after a filter change?

Try flushing it out by dispensing half-gallon of water, maybe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 12:12:53 PM UTC-5, Bod F wrote:
On 2/28/2019 12:04 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door.
Probably about five years old.

The water has always come out fairly fast. A few weeks ago it suddenly
slowed down. If the original flow was a 10 then now it is like a 6 or
7. I changed the water filter and at first it was fast then slowed
down again. I have purchased some new filters from a different
manufacturer.

What else can I check or do if the new filter doesn't help?

A water line needle valve tapped into the bottom of the water pipe might do that.

I'd check the flow coming in, at the fridge, by disconnecting it and using
a bucket. Could also be the solenoid valve getting gunked up, I suppose
or an obstruction somewhere in the fridge plumbing. Any chance the tubing
got a kink in it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

[...]

How do you check the solenoid valve?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 2:13:56 PM UTC-5, badgolferman wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

[...]

You'd have to find it and disconnect the water out, hold a bottle or similar
to it and activate it. If water flow isn't right, then turn off the water,
disconnect the input side and have someone turn the water back on while
you hold the jar. Probably should measure output at the dispenser so you
know it's x ounces in 10 secs or whatever there. If you need to turn the
water off and have a ball valve on the main, might be easier to turn that
off and on for testing, instead of a saddle valve, if that's what you have.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 2:35:12 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 19:13:51 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

How do you check the solenoid valve?

Continuity test of the solenoid coil...

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXIX73EI1Z4

Continuity of the coil doesn't mean the valve is actually opening
fully or that the coil isn't compromised and not developing full
power. He has continuity, the valve opens at least partly because
water is flowing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How do you check the solenoid valve?

Continuity test of the solenoid coil...

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXIX73EI1Z4

That's not a test of whether its clogged up and that reducing the flow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 07:51:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Continuity test of the solenoid coil...

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXIX73EI1Z4

That's not a test of whether its clogged up and that reducing the flow.

Good Lord! Someone answered that already an hour earlier. Just what makes
you believe that an answer is only valid when YOU confirm it, senile idiot?
Your senility? tsk

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/19 12:04 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door.
Probably about five years old.

The water has always come out fairly fast. A few weeks ago it suddenly
slowed down. If the original flow was a 10 then now it is like a 6 or
7. I changed the water filter and at first it was fast then slowed
down again. I have purchased some new filters from a different
manufacturer.

What else can I check or do if the new filter doesn't help?

Yeah, I've got the same problem. Prostate enlarges with age and reduces
flow- plus increased frequency and urgency. You'll probably need a house
call from a urologist...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/19 12:04 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door.
Probably about five years old.

The water has always come out fairly fast.Â* A few weeks ago it suddenly
slowed down.Â* If the original flow was a 10 then now it is like a 6 or
7.Â* I changed the water filter and at first it was fast then slowed
down again.Â* I have purchased some new filters from a different
manufacturer.

I tried a cheaper brand of filter and it did not last as long. Stick
with Samsung. Expensive, but they work.