Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maybe OT Car dealer commercials

I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials. Have they no pride? Sensibility?
The ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are in
some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster. They look like (and
they are) idiots.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote

I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their own
people appear in commercials.

More nanny state silly stuff.

Have they no pride? Sensibility? The ones that really look dumb is where
the salespeople or owners are in some costume, be it a pirate or circus
ringmaster. They look like (and they are) idiots.

They dont give a damn if you think that they look like idiots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/24/2019 09:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials. Have they no pride? Sensibility? The
ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are in
some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster. They look like (and
they are) idiots.

For some reason the TV series 'The Middle' caught my fancy. Frankie's
adventures at the car lot answers your question.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 04:34:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Have they no pride? Sensibility? The ones that really look dumb is where
the salespeople or owners are in some costume, be it a pirate or circus
ringmaster. They look like (and they are) idiots.

They don¢t give a damn if you think that they look like idiots.

Obviously neither do you, you obnoxious 85-year-old senile pest.

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:28:30 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials. Have they no pride? Sensibility?
The ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are in
some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster. They look like (and
they are) idiots.

Can't legislate away stupidity, Ed. They seem to think it works for
them - if it meens YOU don't buy from them, it's their loss - from
THEIR stupidity.

If you buy from them, chances are it's YOUR loss - for the same reason
- - - -

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed P:

Here's a great one where a pitch guy appears in place
of the dealer owner or employee...!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3Di3LY6Ns
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 12:34:51 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote

I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their own
people appear in commercials.

More nanny state silly stuff.

I think there should be a law prohibiting people who lack a sense of humor
from posting to Usenet.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2019 11:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials.Â* Have they no pride?Â* Sensibility? The
ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are in
some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster.Â* They look like (and
they are) idiots.

Funny how some people react to ads. I told a friend that I like the TV
show Blue Bloods and he told me that he hates Tom Selleck because of his
ads for reverse mortgages.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2019 1:51 PM, wrote:
Ed P:

Here's a great one where a pitch guy appears in place
of the dealer owner or employee...!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3Di3LY6Ns

Now that is an honest commercial!

When I lived in Philly, a Ford dealer advertised and it was a nice
professional commercial. I was surprised when I was in CT to see the
same commercial, same spokesman, just a different dealer sign. I
imagine many of them do that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2019 2:14 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/24/2019 11:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials.Â* Have they no pride?Â* Sensibility?
The ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are
in some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster.Â* They look like
(and they are) idiots.

Funny how some people react to ads.Â* I told a friend that I like the TV
show Blue Bloods and he told me that he hates Tom Selleck because of his
ads for reverse mortgages.

I can understand that. If the company is reputable, I'm OK with it and
it can help people . If it is a schlock outfit, then it hurts the
reputation of the actor.

Then you have Shaquille O'Neal laughing all the way to the bank. He
comes across as a bit of a buffoon, but is a pretty sharp businessman.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:28:30 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials. Have they no pride? Sensibility?
The ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are in
some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster. They look like (and
they are) idiots.

GIF:

http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/leisure_suit_larry_intro1.gif
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 14:42:12 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Then you have Shaquille O'Neal laughing all the way to the bank. He
comes across as a bit of a buffoon, but is a pretty sharp businessman.

IIRC he is deputized a LEO. Played the kids...

https://www.news4jax.com/positively-jax/shaq-visits-gainesville-to-play-ball-with-kids

Shag is a good guy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 14:42:12 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Then you have Shaquille O'Neal laughing all the way to the bank. He
comes across as a bit of a buffoon, but is a pretty sharp businessman.

IIRC he is deputized a LEO. Played the kids...

https://www.news4jax.com/positively-jax/shaq-visits-gainesville-to-play-ball-with-kids

Shaq is a good guy.

Yes, he is. I do not follow basketball but became a fan after he retired and
found out about his good deeds and ethics, although I will not buy Gold Bond
lotion.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/19 8:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their
own people appear in commercials.Â* Have they no pride?Â* Sensibility? The
ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are in
some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster.Â* They look like (and
they are) idiots.

My favorite car commercial were the jo izusu car commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtX5m09YjQ4

For a full list:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ar+commercials