DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Clock chimes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/631538-clock-chimes.html)

Bobby[_5_] February 22nd 19 12:44 AM

Clock chimes

I bought a clock that you wind up and it chimes every hour. I think it may be
defective or need adjusting. It never chimes the same twice in a row. As an
example, my wife and I sat down for lunch. The clock started to chime and
though I did not count, it rang at least 10, maybe twelve times. Sounded
good. An hour later, it rang out only once. Why would that happen?

I probably should look for a pattern, but it seems to randomly change all day,
all night long. Any idea what the problem may be?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1186736-.htm

% February 22nd 19 01:14 AM

Clock chimes

On 2019-02-21 5:44 p.m., Bobby wrote:
I bought a clock that you wind up and it chimes every hour.Â* I think it
may be
defective or need adjusting.Â* It never chimes the same twice in a row.
As an
example, my wife and I sat down for lunch.Â* The clock started to chime and
though I did not count, it rang at least 10, maybe twelve times.Â* Sounded
good.Â* An hour later, it rang out only once.Â* Why would that happen?
I probably should look for a pattern, but it seems to randomly change
all day,
all night long.Â* Any idea what the problem may be?

12 times at 12:00 , 1 chime at 1:00

Oren[_2_] February 22nd 19 01:42 AM

Clock chimes

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 00:44:02 GMT, Bobby
m wrote:

I bought a clock that you wind up and it chimes every hour. I think it may be
defective or need adjusting. It never chimes the same twice in a row. As an
example, my wife and I sat down for lunch. The clock started to chime and
though I did not count, it rang at least 10, maybe twelve times. Sounded
good. An hour later, it rang out only once. Why would that happen?

I probably should look for a pattern, but it seems to randomly change all day,
all night long. Any idea what the problem may be?

The clock is working. Lunch at 10 would be ten chimes, at 12 it would
be 12 chimes. The single chime is for the bottom of the hour. Rather
simple to understand. My Black Forest, German Cuckoo clock does the
same. 1 chime for 1 o'clock AM or PM and bottom of the hour.

[email protected] February 22nd 19 02:08 AM

Clock chimes

Oren:

I think Bobby is suggesting his clock is chiming four
times for one o'clock, and seven times for twelve.

Sounds like something's outta sync somewhere!

trader_4 February 22nd 19 08:08 AM

Clock chimes

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 9:08:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Oren:

I think Bobby is suggesting his clock is chiming four
times for one o'clock, and seven times for twelve.

Sounds like something's outta sync somewhere!

Bobby doesn't have a broken clock, but some here have broken troll detectors.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] February 22nd 19 04:10 PM

Clock chimes

On 2/22/2019 3:08 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 9:08:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Oren:

I think Bobby is suggesting his clock is chiming four
times for one o'clock, and seven times for twelve.

Sounds like something's outta sync somewhere!

Bobby doesn't have a broken clock, but some here have broken troll detectors.

But, but, it different every hour!

someone[_8_] February 22nd 19 05:39 PM

Clock chimes

On 2/22/19 10:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

Bobby doesn't have a broken clock, but some here have broken troll
detectors.

But, but, it different every hour!

In the way that 4:00 comes at a different time that 3:00 does.

For no real reason:
cuckoo-cuckoo-cuckoo-cuckoo

Oren[_2_] February 22nd 19 06:01 PM

Clock chimes

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:10:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

But, but, it different every hour!

Payback for Mo (Mike)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7s1mCFHfM