Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

On 03/29/2019 06:41 AM, TOJ wrote:
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:55:16 -0600, rbowman wrote:

To really top the cake Amazon labels it as 'Model Shipways 18th Century
Longboat 1/4" Scale Wood Model Kit - Intro to Shipmodeling'

Perhaps they've updated it because it now says '1/48 scale'.

Same thing, just to confuse people. 1/4" represents 1 foot or 12".
12/48 is 1/4. In other words a 48' long boat in 1/48 scale would be 1'
long. If 1/4" is a 1', it would be 48' x 1/4", 48/4, or 12 ".

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 02:55:16 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 03:20:22 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 21:50:31 -0000, devnull wrote:

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:49:27 -0000, devnull wrote:

The trouble with having a good strong bit is it's more likely to
damage the **** screw.

And with pilot drills, I always buy the cheapest possible, because
simply by moving your hand slightly to one side by mistake, you can
snap any bit of any quality. I'd rather lose cheap ones.

A cheap twist drill dulls quickly so then you have to push harder
and then snap.

I like a quality HSS with cobalt twist drill, it stays sharp a lot
longer so it cuts easier and faster.

Fine for larger ones, but thin drills for pilots, you can break any
quality drill by simply being not too exact with the angle. Better to
waste cheap ones.

Breakage has not been a problem for me. I guess US people are more
skilled with a hand drill. ;-)

I'm talking about the thin 2-3mm pilots. A few degrees off the right
angle and they just snap.

I won't let you near my 0.35 mm drills then... A couple of winters ago
I decided to build a model boat and figured starting small was a good
idea. Sweet Jesus, everything was tiny. I've built real boats faster. At
least for me it was not a relaxing experience.

If it's plastic, fine, but drilling into hardwood with a 3mm pilot drill
requires a steady hand, or several spare drill bits.

1/32 x 1/64 brass strip was furnished to fabricate the hardware, and you
have to drill a hole in the 1/32 side for the hinge pins. 1/32" is 0.8mm
so your 3mm isn't going to work. I bought a set of bits that ranged from
.030mm to 1.00mm.

Maybe some people get off on writing the lord's prayer on a pinhead, but
I'm not one of them. If I ever build another boat it wil lbe at least
12' long, not 6 inches, and I won't need 4x magnifiers to see the damn
thing.

https://modelexpo-online.com/model-s...boat-1-4-scale

To really top the cake Amazon labels it as 'Model Shipways 18th Century
Longboat 1/4" Scale Wood Model Kit - Intro to Shipmodeling'

I like a model boat to be about 2 foot long, although even that can be fiddly.

--
A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 13:10:37 -0000, wrote:

On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 6:49:32 PM UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

If using very small drill bits I insert as much of the shank as I can into the chuck. This lessens the chance of one snapping.

How does that make a difference? You need a certain amount out of the chuck to go into the workpiece.

Cheap drill bits for fine work are money wastedd

No, it means you lose less money when they inevitably fail.

--
I'm heavily armed, easily upset, and off the medication.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 03/29/2019 09:33 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I like a model boat to be about 2 foot long, although even that can be
fiddly.

What I really set out to build was the Amati Oseberg viking ship that's
about 18". The kit is about $150 so I decided to perfect my single plank
hull technique with a cheap $50 kit. Should have went big to start with.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 20:07:59 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

I like a model boat to be about 2 foot long, although even that can be
fiddly.

What I really set out to build was the Amati Oseberg viking ship that's
about 18". The kit is about $150 so I decided to perfect my single plank
hull technique with a cheap $50 kit. Should have went big to start with.

Well, normally evolved men like to fiddle with women. ******s and
cocksuckers like you obviously like playing with model ships! Explains a lot
about the two of you. It all adds up! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 02:07:59 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/29/2019 09:33 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I like a model boat to be about 2 foot long, although even that can be
fiddly.

What I really set out to build was the Amati Oseberg viking ship that's
about 18". The kit is about $150 so I decided to perfect my single plank
hull technique with a cheap $50 kit. Should have went big to start with.

You're American and didn't go big?!

--
A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 02:07:59 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/29/2019 09:33 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I like a model boat to be about 2 foot long, although even that can be
fiddly.

What I really set out to build was the Amati Oseberg viking ship that's
about 18". The kit is about $150 so I decided to perfect my single plank
hull technique with a cheap $50 kit. Should have went big to start with.

You're American and didn't go big?!

I was born on the North American continent. I don't necessarily exhibit
the characteristics of muh fellow murkins. I also thank the Gods I'm
not a Brit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

Too bad Strummer is dead. You could fire Parliament and make him PM.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:31:10 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 02:07:59 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/29/2019 09:33 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I like a model boat to be about 2 foot long, although even that can be
fiddly.

What I really set out to build was the Amati Oseberg viking ship that's
about 18". The kit is about $150 so I decided to perfect my single plank
hull technique with a cheap $50 kit. Should have went big to start with.

You're American and didn't go big?!

I was born on the North American continent. I don't necessarily exhibit
the characteristics of muh fellow murkins. I also thank the Gods I'm
not a Brit.

On average we're better than you lot. By 2 IQ points. And 50 pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

Too bad Strummer is dead. You could fire Parliament and make him PM.

Agreed.

--
A rolling stone gathers momentum.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 16:31:10 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

I was born on the North American continent. I don't necessarily exhibit
the characteristics of muh fellow murkins. I also thank the Gods I'm
not a Brit.

Not at all! The Brit thanks YOU for sucking him off, time and again, senile
Yankie cocksucker!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On average we're better than you lot. By 2 IQ points. And 50 pounds.

Agreed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years.html

That land whale has at least 50 pounds on most Americans.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 19:57:23 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

Agreed.

Your senile mouth obviously agrees with his cock, lowbrowman! G
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 02:57:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On average we're better than you lot. By 2 IQ points. And 50 pounds.

Agreed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years.html

That land whale has at least 50 pounds on most Americans.

At last, the women getting done for gold digging.

--
"When there's a will, I want to be in it!"
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 02:57:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On average we're better than you lot. By 2 IQ points. And 50 pounds.

Agreed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years.html

That land whale has at least 50 pounds on most Americans.

At last, the women getting done for gold digging.

Apropos of nothing does 'touching the dog's ass' have any current
meaning? I watched 'Made in Britain' last night. It was made in 1982 and
was Tim Roth's first movie. I concluded it referred to 'Taking and
Driving Away' but even that seems like an obscure refinement on car
theft in general.

I can't say it was a very edifying movie.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 19:43:28 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 02:57:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On average we're better than you lot. By 2 IQ points. And 50 pounds.

Agreed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years.html

That land whale has at least 50 pounds on most Americans.

At last, the women getting done for gold digging.

Apropos of nothing does 'touching the dog's ass' have any current
meaning?

Google says it's 80s speak for stealing a car. I was born in 1975 and have never heard it.

I watched 'Made in Britain' last night. It was made in 1982 and
was Tim Roth's first movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_Britain
Sounds good to me, and quite realistic compared to the people who live around here, I'll watch it at some point.

I concluded it referred to 'Taking and
Driving Away' but even that seems like an obscure refinement on car
theft in general.

I can't say it was a very edifying movie.

--
[Please insert a quarter in Drive A: for the next tagline.]
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 19:43:28 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 02:57:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On average we're better than you lot. By 2 IQ points. And 50 pounds.

Agreed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years.html

That land whale has at least 50 pounds on most Americans.

At last, the women getting done for gold digging.

Apropos of nothing does 'touching the dog's ass' have any current
meaning?

I watched 'Made in Britain' last night. It was made in 1982 and
was Tim Roth's first movie.

Playing Rape Day (a banned PC game).....

--
[Please insert a quarter in Drive A: for the next tagline.]

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 12:43:28 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

Apropos of nothing does 'touching the dog's ass' have any current
meaning? I watched 'Made in Britain' last night. It was made in 1982 and
was Tim Roth's first movie. I concluded it referred to 'Taking and
Driving Away' but even that seems like an obscure refinement on car
theft in general.

I can't say it was a very edifying movie.

Good grief! Does the unwashed Scottish ******'s cock taste THAT good to you,
lowbrowman? tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_Britain
Sounds good to me, and quite realistic compared to the people who live
around here, I'll watch it at some point.

It's rather strange. At one point there is a chalk talk where cop, or
maybe a social worker, outlines how the Roth character has ****ed up all
his life and his next step if he ****s up assessment is juvenile
detention or borstal after which he'll be on the endless merry-go-round
in and out of jail. The kid seems to be striving for just that.

I gather it was one part of a tetralogy pointing out how screwed up
Thatcherite Britain was.

I was curious since I am watching 'Tin Star' , and Amazon production
featuring Roth. It's dark and Roth does dark well.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Playing Rape Day (a banned PC game).....

Don't catch any nasty STDs... Firefox didn't care much for the site.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 18:27:26 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_Britain
Sounds good to me, and quite realistic compared to the people who live
around here, I'll watch it at some point.

It's rather strange.

Like what? The fact that you can't stop sucking off the unwashed Scottish
******'s cock? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 18:30:11 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

..

Don't catch any nasty STDs...

You won't, but only as long as you will be the only one to suck off his
unwashed cock, lowbrowman! BG

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 01 Apr 2019 01:30:11 +0100, rbowman wrote:

Playing Rape Day (a banned PC game).....

Don't catch any nasty STDs... Firefox didn't care much for the site.

I didn't use the site, I used Piratebay.

--
"A goal is a dream taken seriously." - Henry David Thoreau