DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Draggin' mud sucks (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/629746-draggin-mud-sucks.html)

Terry Coombs[_2_] January 22nd 19 05:23 PM

Draggin' mud sucks

Â* But it's gotta be done . At least the only part that requires stilts
is the ceiling . And as dry as it is here (wood stove heat) regular mud
actually dries as fast as 90 minute quick set . Means I can get a lot
more done in a day since I don't have to wait a day for it to dry .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] January 22nd 19 07:17 PM

Draggin' mud sucks

On 1/22/2019 12:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* But it's gotta be done . At least the only part that requires stilts
is the ceiling . And as dry as it is here (wood stove heat) regular mud
actually dries as fast as 90 minute quick set . Means I can get a lot
more done in a day since I don't have to wait a day for it to dry .

I'd hire out the ceiling. My ass won't get up on stilts.

Terry Coombs[_2_] January 22nd 19 07:33 PM

Draggin' mud sucks

On 1/22/2019 1:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/22/2019 12:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* But it's gotta be done . At least the only part that requires
stilts is the ceiling . And as dry as it is here (wood stove heat)
regular mud actually dries as fast as 90 minute quick set . Means I
can get a lot more done in a day since I don't have to wait a day for
it to dry .

I'd hire out the ceiling.Â* My ass won't get up on stilts.

Â* I'd never used them before Sunday , not as difficult as I thought
they'd be . The problem is not the stilts as much as it is having my
neck cranked back to look up .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Oren[_2_] January 22nd 19 08:23 PM

Draggin' mud sucks

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:33:02 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 1/22/2019 1:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/22/2019 12:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
** But it's gotta be done . At least the only part that requires
stilts is the ceiling . And as dry as it is here (wood stove heat)
regular mud actually dries as fast as 90 minute quick set . Means I
can get a lot more done in a day since I don't have to wait a day for
it to dry .

I'd hire out the ceiling.* My ass won't get up on stilts.

* I'd never used them before Sunday , not as difficult as I thought
they'd be . The problem is not the stilts as much as it is having my
neck cranked back to look up .

The drywall finisher I once talked with had retired and was doing side
jobs. They suffer from injuries like most every other trade. He had
severe carpal tunnel.

Carpet installers have back and knee problems from crawling around and
kicking carpet on tack-strip.

Taint no way I'd be on stilts :-)

[email protected] January 23rd 19 01:10 AM

Draggin' mud sucks

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:17:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/22/2019 12:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* But it's gotta be done . At least the only part that requires stilts
is the ceiling . And as dry as it is here (wood stove heat) regular mud
actually dries as fast as 90 minute quick set . Means I can get a lot
more done in a day since I don't have to wait a day for it to dry .

I'd hire out the ceiling. My ass won't get up on stilts.

I would hire out the whole tape and mud job. (and I always have)
Finishing drywall is miserable. The stilts would not enter into it.

Terry Coombs[_2_] January 23rd 19 02:01 AM

Draggin' mud sucks

wrote:

[...]

I installed carpet when I was younger , moved to vinyl/tile/hardwood .
End result was he same , lower back and knee problems . Went to cabinet
work , at least my knees didn't hurt .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= January 25th 19 07:23 PM

Draggin' mud sucks

posted for all of us...

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:17:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/22/2019 12:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
* But it's gotta be done . At least the only part that requires stilts
is the ceiling . And as dry as it is here (wood stove heat) regular mud
actually dries as fast as 90 minute quick set . Means I can get a lot
more done in a day since I don't have to wait a day for it to dry .

I'd hire out the ceiling. My ass won't get up on stilts.

I would hire out the whole tape and mud job. (and I always have)
Finishing drywall is miserable. The stilts would not enter into it.

Ditto on that. I hated it when I could do it when I was younger.

--
Tekkie

Terry Coombs[_2_] January 25th 19 07:33 PM

Draggin' mud sucks

On 1/25/2019 1:23 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
posted for all of us...

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:17:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/22/2019 12:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
* But it's gotta be done . At least the only part that requires stilts
is the ceiling . And as dry as it is here (wood stove heat) regular mud
actually dries as fast as 90 minute quick set . Means I can get a lot
more done in a day since I don't have to wait a day for it to dry .

I'd hire out the ceiling. My ass won't get up on stilts.

I would hire out the whole tape and mud job. (and I always have)
Finishing drywall is miserable. The stilts would not enter into it.

Ditto on that. I hated it when I could do it when I was younger.

* I actually kinda enjoyed it . When I was younger . Part of the
suckiness is that we're living in the space as we build/finish . Shoulda
stuck about half our **** in a storage bay until I had spaces really
finished . But Mama wanted it here , I dunno why because she ain't happy
about the clutter either . Just playin' the cards I was dealt , and it
ain't all bad . I'm doing it at MY pace , making modifications as I see
where I screwed up ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] January 25th 19 08:14 PM

Draggin' mud sucks

On 1/25/2019 2:33 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

I feel your pain. We moved a month ago and still have a load of crap to
unpack. They have trash collection twice a week here and a few things
are finding there way into those bags my wife cannot see through.

Once done, you can take a lot of pride in your work though.