Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WHY DOESN'T MY SNOWBLOWER BLOW SNOW

On 2019-01-14 1:34 p.m., trader_4 wrote:

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
On 1/12/19 3:32 PM, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

sounds like a shear bolt sheared or a belt slipping under load

replaced all the belts and checked the pins 100 times
is the chute rusty? keep it clean and smooth and well waxed. Olso
make sure the engine is getting up to proper speed. It takes
"velocity" to get distance, and too much resistance slows it down

the chute is plastic pvc it runs well it just doesn't throw snow like it
used to

Are you sure you remember what full speed really sounds like? If it runs
full speed but won't throw snow, then it's not the engine. Also, if
something else is wrong, if it won't throw the snow because of that,
I suppose if you try to continue to jamb snow into it, then that could
bog the engine down too.

i guess you're not getting what i'm trying to describe

You've given conflicting descriptions. You said:

"the chute is plastic pvc it runs well it just doesn't throw snow like it
used to "

Then you said you're going to work on the carb. If the engine runs well,
then it's not the carb.

You said:

"it's at least 12 inches of snow and when i give it gas , it stalls in
the deep stuff"

12" isn't that much. What does it do in just 6"? If it develops full
power, doesn't bog down, but still only blows the snow a few feet, then
that suggests it's not the engine. If the thing has something else wrong
so that it can't properly blow snow, then the engine bogging down and
stalling in the deeper stuff could be secondary to the problem of it
not blowing the snow. If it can't move it, I would think it could just
bog down. Also, IDK what "giving it gas" means. A snowblower is supposed
to be run on max throttle, you set it to that and don't move it around.

i don't measure snow depth when i use it

if it's not the engine then what

the throttle is a hand squeesable lever on the handle it has no setting

do you know what a snowblower is
I've owned 5 or 6 - only one was a single stage - and I've likely
worked on over 100 - and I've never seen a "squeezable handle"
throttle. They have all been governed engines and the only "adjusting"
of the throttle is to limit how far the snow flies - if you adjust it
at all. Wide open throttle is "normal"

+1

And he says it has an auger and impeller, which makes it two stage.

i already said it was a two stage when you asked the first time

And that two stage that you posted the picture of DOES NOT HAVE A
SQUEEZABLE THROTTLE ON THE HANDLES. Capiche? The throttle is at the
carb and like Clare said, you set it to max when using it to blow snow.
Good grief, you're confused.

if you want to think that , go ahead , think it ,
but if you ever have an answer for my original question ,
i'd love to read it

I'm beginning to think you're just a troll. How can anyone answer
your question, when you don't even know how the snowblower works?
You claim the throttle is on the handles and it's squeezable. It's not.
So, for all we know, you have the throttle, which is at the carb,
set to idle or slow and that's why it will only blow snow a few feet.
RTFM. Better still, pay someone to clear your snow.

i already thanks those with ideas that helped me ,
this was over as far as i was concerned ,
then you showed up hoping you had found ,
someone you could insult and **** off and ,
when that didn't work you got really ****ed off ,
if that makes me a troll well it's just another ,
name for a part you got wrong

Heh asshole, I was one of the first people here who
tried to help you. You're an idiot who doesn't understand what a
throttle is and now you're giving us attitude? You claim the throttle
is on the handlebars and you squeeze it. ROFL. RTFM or better yet,
hire someone to clear your driveway before you hurt yourself.
I wouldn't be surprised if your only problem is that the throttle is
set at slow and you don't know WTF you're doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

i'm not giving , " us " anything ,
i'm giving it to you and your name calling ,
it won't do much good in order to insult someone ,
they first must care what you think ,
you failed the care what you think part cause i don't ,
and could you please give me the names of this ,
" us " you speak of so i can thank them personally ,
or when you said , " us " did you mean ,
you and the gerbil in your shorts
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

On a single stage "snow thrower" or "power shovel" - usually with 2
stroke engines, a hand throttle is more common.

A 4 stroke governed engine runs at a fixed speed of aprox 3600 RPM
and when the engine is loaded the governor opens the throttle plate to
maintain the speed. If the speed drops you are over-feeding the snow
so you release the drive clutch and/or select a lower gear.

My current unit is a hydrostatic Yamaha - and I'll never willingly go
back to a multi-speed friction drive unit again. The jury is still out
on the track-drive. A differential driven wheel drive is easier to
handle and what little experience I've had with the "power steer"
units has been positive. The track drive DOES have superior traction
without the hassle of chains.

i'm attaching a web site that will ,
show you a photo of what my snowblower looks like ,
see those little orange levers one is the throttle ,
one is for the auger and just let me add ,
i've already thanked everyone for all their help here .
i posted a thank you yesterday then i moved on to other things ,
but in revisiting the topic let me say ,
you have been no help what so ever

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/u...267031_614.jpg

The throttle is on the engine - well out of reach when operating the
blower. The two controls on the handle are the wheel drive clutch and
the auger clutch. The black "pistol grip" handle low on the handle is
the shift lever.
The green crank handle is to rotate the chute.
The rubber "bulb" on the back of the engine is the primer.
The chute on thhat blower is steel - not plastic.
It looks like it has been recently painted, and if not smooth will
affect the distance it throws snow.

the photo is a sample it's not my snowblower just looks like mine ,
i know nothing about the one in the photo ,
it was the first one i saw in a google search

So what make and model? or is it a Trump Snowflake blower.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

The US is everyone who tried to answer your question, you lamebrain.
Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

the same as the one in the photo

Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

i already thanked them now i'm just dealing with ,
the toilet heads that show up after the fact and ,
want to play horses ass like you and your , " us " do and ,
since you can't individually name the , " us " ,
i don't believe there is any you swamp head
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

More lies. I did not show up after the fact. I was one of the first
to reply, as was Clare. We treated you courteously, tried to help you.
You started getting nasty when both of us pointed out that your claim
that the THROTTLE is a squeeze bar on the handles is wrong.

"the throttle is a hand squeesable lever on the handle it has no setting

do you know what a snowblower is "

Ain't that special, the guy that thinks the throttle is on the handles
is questioning if I know what a snowblower is. It's not
a minor point, you're asking for help in why it doesn't run right,
talking about taking the carb apart, and you don't even know how the
machine operates! As I said, if you think the throttle is on the handles,
for all we know, the reason it will only blow snow a few feet is that
you have the real throttle at the carb set to slow.

Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

you edited the post , i replaced it

On 2019-01-13 12:43 p.m., Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 08:59:59 -0700, %

Posted to alt.home.repair

to the OP

your problem is one of these areas

the engine is turning too slowly due to ?

or

the impeller is turning too slowly due to a slipping belt

or

the chute is not smooth or somehow degraded

or

the augers are not turning correctly, this usually caused by a broken shear pin

Step 1 is to determine which of these categories covers your issue.

mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

Wait until he sticks his hand in to clear the chute and the shrimps come
flying out. How do you calculate where the shrimps land so you know where to
look? Following the blood is not always reliable...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

i'll just aim the chute at your face and you'll get shrimp up your nose
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

Which does NOT have a plastic chute, or a handlebar mounted throttle.

For all know you are a flake in Florida who's never seen a snowblower
just crawled out from under your bridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]

you act as though you think i care what you believe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2019-01-13 4:11 a.m., Frosty wrote:
.

You said:

[...]