Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 'It's a free-for-all': shutdown brings turmoil to beloved USnational parks

On 1/2/2019 9:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Do you really think he's the one being stubborn? He campaigned and won
the election on building the wall. After two years, he's gotten NOTHING
towards it. His mistake was letting it go on this long. He's now asking
for less than $5 bil, in a $4 tril budget! I don't see that as being
stubborn. The Democrats claim they are for border security. OK, let's
say this isn't necessarily the best way to do it. It certainly will
increase border security, not hurt it. So, what's the problem? Two
problems, the Democrats are in favor of open borders and they want to
stick it to Trump.

Smart compromise is to give him a little something, build a section of
wall, prove it does not work. Then carry on like mature people, not
kids throwing a hissy fit.

At thi point, even if they give him chump change it will make him a
winner and they caved. Not a good solution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Border partrol/DHS say everywhere they have a wall it works.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
: Smart compromise is to give him a little something, build a section of
: wall, prove it does not work. Then carry on like mature people, not
: kids throwing a hissy fit.
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 10:02:53 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I agree. But building a small part of the wall won't prove whether it
works or not. It will undoubtedly just about eliminate infiltration
where it's built. They will simply move to other areas without the wall.
It will though show how much wall can be built for X billions. If Trump
was demanding $25 bil, I'd say he's wrong. But after two years and being
reduced to less than $5 bil, clearly the shutdown is on the Democrats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/19 7:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/2/2019 9:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Do you really think he's the one being stubborn?Â* He campaigned and won
the election on building the wall.Â* After two years, he's gotten NOTHING
towards it.Â* His mistake was letting it go on this long.Â* He's now asking
for less than $5 bil, in a $4 tril budget!Â*Â* I don't see that as being
stubborn.Â* The Democrats claim they are for border security.Â* OK, let's
say this isn't necessarily the best way to do it.Â* It certainly will
increase border security, not hurt it.Â* So, what's the problem?Â* Two
problems, the Democrats are in favor of open borders and they want to
stick it to Trump.

Smart compromise is to give him a little something, build a section of
wall, prove it does not work.Â* Then carry on like mature people, not
kids throwing a hissy fit.

right, and then it will be "we need more money to finish the wall"

At thi point, even if they give him chump change it will make him a
winner and they caved.Â* Not a good solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 4:28:54 PM UTC-5, ZZyXX wrote:
[...]

If it's at a rate of about $3 bil every two years, how much wall would be built while Trump is in office?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 15:17:23 -0000, ..shadow, me & my wrote:

Border partrol/DHS say everywhere they have a wall it works.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
: Smart compromise is to give him a little something, build a section of
: wall, prove it does not work. Then carry on like mature people, not
: kids throwing a hissy fit.
:
:

The reply goes at this end, moron.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/19 3:25 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

none

FREE FREE FREE FREE burfordTjustice Home Repair 0 March 14th 17 12:21 PM
Waterlox vs. Parks Tung Oil Pacific Pintos Woodworking 3 November 25th 12 08:26 AM
Parks planer burfl Woodworking 2 March 22nd 06 02:23 PM
ATTN: Parks 12" Planer Owners Doug Rewerts Woodworking 7 February 21st 05 12:11 AM
Parks' Wagon Shop Special Andy Dingley Woodworking 8 October 23rd 04 11:36 AM