DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insulation rock wool or asbestos? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/627796-insulation-rock-wool-asbestos.html)

Ian Metelly December 24th 18 12:44 AM

Insulation rock wool or asbestos?

Can you help me identify some insulation? I hope it's rock wool and not
asbestos. I've attached a photo but it's pretty small here. I also posted a
better photo he
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub4340czke...069.JPG?dl=0on
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/h0

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] December 24th 18 01:03 AM

On 12/23/2018 7:44 PM, Ian Metelly wrote:
Can you help me identify some insulation? I hope it's rock wool and not
asbestos. I've attached a photo but it's pretty small here.Â* I also
posted a
better photo he
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub4340czke...069.JPG?dl=0on
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/h0

Looks like rock wool to me, but there are asbestos test kits.

Either way, wear a good mask when removing it.

dpb[_3_] December 24th 18 03:18 AM

On 12/23/2018 6:44 PM, Ian Metelly wrote:
Can you help me identify some insulation? I hope it's rock wool and not
asbestos. ...

I agree w/ the others--it's rock wool. Either, way, wear protective
gear and don't go out of your way to raise dust and no problems...

ianmetelly December 24th 18 06:44 PM

Insulation rock wool or asbestos?

replying to Ed Pawlowski, ianmetelly wrote:
Thank you for your feedback. It's very much appreciated

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1183382-.htm

Oren[_2_] December 24th 18 11:45 PM

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 21:18:58 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 12/23/2018 6:44 PM, Ian Metelly wrote:
Can you help me identify some insulation? I hope it's rock wool and not
asbestos. ...

I agree w/ the others--it's rock wool. Either, way, wear protective
gear and don't go out of your way to raise dust and no problems...

Knowing the age of the house will narrow it down.

To me, it looked like blown in cellulose insulation. That's my rulin'.