Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Careful, it's heavy!

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 01:02:50 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:50:11 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:35:22 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 02:09:01 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/16/2018 03:27 PM, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
If clothing has the wrong size on it, they'll lose custom. If I buy
something expecting a certain size, and it isn't, so it's of no use
me, I return it, get a refund, and never buy their badly made
clothes
again.

Are you still wearing the same size you did 30 years ago, thank
vanity
sizing. If you were wearing nappies 30 years ago, your time will
come.

It really works in reverse. I don't know how womens' sizes work but
men's are nominally the waist circumference. If you buy size 36 jeans
from XXX and they don't fit, you switch to YYY. In fact XXX jeans are
really 36" and YYY jeans are 38 in the real world but you feel XXX is
skimping. If you see 'relaxed fit' all bets are off.

The most sensible idea is to have all the sizes true and comparable,
then
I can simply buy something from any shop the same size (or one bigger)
than a label on something I have at home. Any shop who sells me
something
in a size I don't expect (too large or too small) has it returned with
an
angry complaint, then I shop elsewhere.

And they just yawn and cheer when they realise you wont be back.

No,

Yep.

they lose money on returns

Nope.

They do if the garment isn't resellable,

They wont give you a refund if it isnt.

Wrong, if it's the wrong size it's as good as faulty.

or if it's bought online and they have to pay postage.

and no future sales.

Plenty of other fools and they never see you again, hence the big party.

Plenty of folk read reviews.

**** all take any notice of you saying that
what clothes you bought didn't fit you.

Yes they do. Bad reviews severely deplete custom.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Wrong, as always.

or if it's bought online and they have to pay postage.

and no future sales.

Plenty of other fools and they never see you again, hence the big
party.

Plenty of folk read reviews.

**** all take any notice of you saying that
what clothes you bought didn't fit you.

Yes they do. Bad reviews severely deplete custom.

Saying it doesn't fit doesn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 07:43:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 99 lines of absolutely idiotic troll**** unread again

....and much better air in here again!

--
about senile Rot Speed: