DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   More Cap't Bullshit crap (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/626387-more-capt-bullshit-crap.html)

Bod[_3_] December 5th 18 07:36 AM

More Cap't Bullshit crap

AP FACT CHECK: Trump exaggerates cost of illegal immigration

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is spreading misleading numbers
about the cost of illegal immigration.

As he tries to pressure Democrats to fund his long-promised southern
border wall, Trump is claiming the country loses $250 billion a year on
illegal immigration. But it remained unclear Tuesday where Trump had
found that number, which is dramatically higher than previous estimates.

A look at his claim:

TRUMP: €śCould somebody please explain to the Democrats (we need their
votes) that our Country losses (sic) 250 Billion Dollars a year on
illegal immigration, not including the terrible drug flow. Top Border
Security, including a Wall, is $25 Billion. Pays for itself in two
months. Get it done!€ť - tweet Tuesday.

THE FACTS: Trumps numbers left even those sympathetic to the
presidents position scratching their heads.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...of-illegal-im/
--
Bod