Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Red Christmas Trees in Whitehouse

Isn't it bad enough that pinocchio married a communist, but now she's
decorating and showcasing her communist heritage.

she could have had red, white and blue, but just kept it to red. shameful
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 4:48:05 PM UTC-5, ZZyXX wrote:
Isn't it bad enough that pinocchio married a communist, but now she's
decorating and showcasing her communist heritage.

she could have had red, white and blue, but just kept it to red. shameful

I don't object necessarily to the color, but to put such
modern decorations in a fine old house like that is discordant.

Why doesn't the White House just have decorations that are used
every year, and make it a function of the permanent staff who
take care of the White House itself?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2018 07:23 AM, wrote:
I don't object necessarily to the color, but to put such
modern decorations in a fine old house like that is discordant.

Ah, your conservative streak is showing... If it was good enough for
Grover Cleveland...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2018 1:28 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I would say because it is the house where the President and family stay
that is up to the taste of them as how to decorate . Would you like
someone to dictate how to decorate your house for the holidays ?

Let them do the private residence. The National Park Service owns the
Whitehouse so let them decorate it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 9:23:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 4:48:05 PM UTC-5, ZZyXX wrote:
Isn't it bad enough that pinocchio married a communist, but now she's
decorating and showcasing her communist heritage.

she could have had red, white and blue, but just kept it to red. shameful

I don't object necessarily to the color, but to put such
modern decorations in a fine old house like that is discordant.

Why doesn't the White House just have decorations that are used
every year, and make it a function of the permanent staff who
take care of the White House itself?

Cindy Hamilton

AT least Trump hasn't guilded the whole place in gold yet. Did you
ever see his apt in Trump Tower? Makes me want to vomit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 9:44:36 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 11/30/2018 08:03 AM, wrote:
On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 9:48:12 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 11/30/2018 07:23 AM,
wrote:
I don't object necessarily to the color, but to put such
modern decorations in a fine old house like that is discordant.

Ah, your conservative streak is showing... If it was good enough for
Grover Cleveland...

They don't have to use the same decorations forever. Just a
reasonable number of years. And, yes, I have a conservative
streak. Who pays for the new decorations every year?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/12/25/...stmas-morning/

Same people that paid for the 350 lb. gingerbread house and the marzipan
dog.

I have to admit, I've never paid a lot of attention to puff pieces like
that. I agree with Ed: the National Park Service should decorate the
White House. I don't even see a need for redecoration by incoming
First Ladies. Sure, a new bed because a good night's sleep is important.
But it's just furniture and paint and stuff. Who cares?

Cindy Hamilton