Posted to alt.home.repair

Default joining PVC pipes

I need to join two PVC pipes which are 6" apart. Do I cut a piece of
exactly 6" long or I need a slightly shorter piece, say, 5.5", so I'll
have leeway to wiggle the pipe? These are 1 1/2" pipes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 11:59:49 +0630, Oumati Asami
wrote:

I need to join two PVC pipes which are 6" apart. Do I cut a piece of
exactly 6" long or I need a slightly shorter piece, say, 5.5", so I'll
have leeway to wiggle the pipe? These are 1 1/2" pipes.

How much can you move the pipe back? Far enough to get a coupler in
there? If you have no lateral movement you could use a rubber "fernco"
coupler if there is no significant pressure there. (basically a hose
and 2 hose clamps). You can use a regular cement in coupler to the
first joint and the ferco to the last joint. Make the pipe about
5.75". You lose about 1/8" in a slip joint and you would still have
enough room to slide the pipe over for the fernco, slip it all the way
on, slide it back half way and clamp it up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/9/18 12:29 AM, Oumati Asami wrote:
I need to join two PVC pipes which are 6" apart. Do I cut a piece of exactly 6" long or I need a slightly shorter piece, say, 5.5", so I'll have leeway to wiggle the pipe? These are 1 1/2" pipes.

5.8125"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I need to join two PVC pipes which are 6" apart. Do I cut a piece of
exactly 6" long or I need a slightly shorter piece, say, 5.5", so I'll
have leeway to wiggle the pipe? These are 1 1/2" pipes.
How much can you move the pipe back?Â* Far enough to get a coupler in
there? If you have no lateral movement you could use a rubber "fernco"
coupler if there is no significant pressure there. (basically a hose
and 2 hose clamps). You can use a regular cement in coupler to the
first joint and the ferco to the last joint. Make the pipe about
5.75". You lose about 1/8" in a slip joint and you would still have
enough room to slide the pipe over for the fernco, slip it all the way
on, slide it back half way and clamp it up.

I'm going to use regular couplings. I can move the pipe a little, one
inch maybe.

When doing dry fit, I found that the pipe never reached the center of
the coupling. Not sure how far the pipe will go with cement glue.

I have seen video in which people actually sand of the little inside
barrier at the center of the coupling so the coupling can actually
slide on the pipe. I think it pretty neat.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Have you thought about a slip coupling or slip union?

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have much choices here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You want a "repair coupling" which does not have the barrier at the center.
That's there for new work, so that it's easy to get the pipes in evenly
to the center. A repair coupling is the same, without the center barrier,
so that you can do repairs like yours, slide the coupling completely over
the pipe to assemble. Then cut the replacement piece about 1/8" shorter
than the span and put some marks on the pipe so you know where the correct
distance is to slide the couplings into place.

Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 11:10:40 -0500, Colonel Nathan Jessup
wrote:

On 11/9/18 9:14 AM, fake vet Scatboi Colon La Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 11/8/2018 9:29 PM, Oumati Asami wrote:
I need to join two PVC pipes which are 6" apart. Do I cut a piece of exactly 6" long or I need a slightly shorter piece, say, 5.5", so I'll have leeway to wiggle the pipe? These are 1 1/2" pipes.

Why you stoopid idiot!!

Does Sunset Chateau have indoor plumbing?

LOLOK! Sun**** ****eau is a double wide in a moulie trailer park. The
ONLY indoor plumbing is in the outhouse which has been rented out!

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.2600,alt.online-service.webtv,alt.usage.english

Default ?Q?=E2=80=94=20WIGGLES=3F=20joining=20PVC=20pipes ?=

€” CONFEDERATE APPETITE €”

€œTHE KERNEL LOVES TO BBQ.
AFTER EVERY BIG SLAUGHTER.
THE FRENZIED LUSTFUL CAUSE.
WHETHER ITS BAR FLYS OR JEW.
ANYONES SON OR DAUGHTER.
THERE IS NO TIME FOR PAUSE.€

Event: 28425724@{
@1: Sup: 53 (#53); Ego: 17 (#17),
@2: Sup: 41 (#94); Ego: 56 (#73),
@3: Sup: 48 (#142); Ego: 74 (#147),
@4: Sup: 75 (#217); Ego: 46 (#193),
@5: Sup: 80 (#297); Ego: 46 (#239),
@6: Sup: 63 (#360); Ego: 78 (#317),
@7: Sup: 33 (#393); Ego: 36 (#353),
Male: #393; Feme: #353
}

--

YOUTUBE: "The Meerkat Circus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-7OuqWi4vQ

{#390 - ROBBERS} vs HOMOIOS {#391 - STEWARDS OF GODS HOUSE} THEORY OF

Private €œSaint Andrews€ Street on the edge of the Central Business District
dated 16th May, 2000 - This report is prepared in response to a TP00/55 as
a Notice of an Application for Planning Permit

http://www.grapple369.com/jubilee2000.html

SEE ALSO: HYPOSTASIS as DAO OF NATURE (Chinese: ZIRAN) / COURSE (Greek:

http://www.grapple369.com/nature.html

a "PERSON MEANS A HUMAN BEING€ and the question is, if it is permissible to

EXISTENCE / *OUSIA*.

http://www.grapple369.com/Grapple.zip (Download resources)

TETRAD/TETRACTYS
Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

wrote:

[...]

The outhouse is special.

Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 21:44:01 -0600, "David" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On 11/9/18 9:14 AM, fake vet Scatboi Colon La Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 11/8/2018 9:29 PM, Oumati Asami wrote:
I need to join two PVC pipes which are 6" apart. Do I cut a piece of
exactly 6" long or I need a slightly shorter piece, say, 5.5", so I'll
have leeway to wiggle the pipe? These are 1 1/2" pipes.

Why you stoopid idiot!!

Does Sunset Chateau have indoor plumbing?

LOLOK! Sun**** ****eau is a double wide in a moulie trailer park. The
ONLY indoor plumbing is in the outhouse which has been rented out!

The outhouse is special.

It IS. Location location location!

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

aliash)" wrote in message

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 21:44:01 -0600, "David" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

well that's true

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yes but I can't find it. So, I best bet is to purchase a regular
coupling and sand off the barrier.