DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is America headed for a new civil war? Fury, violence and now bombs show a US deeply divided (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/623863-re-america-headed-new-civil-war-fury-violence-now-bombs-show-us-deeply-divided.html)

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= October 29th 18 07:23 PM

Is America headed for a new civil war? Fury, violence and now bombs show a US deeply divided

trader_4 posted for all of us...

On Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 2:29:54 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 10/27/2018 06:36 AM, wrote:
The state in which I live requires everyone to insure their car
against personal liability and property damage.

And close to 10% probably do not. The study I remember was done years
ago so things might have changed. At the time insurance was not required
in Maine. In Massachusetts you picked you plates up at the insurance
agency. Foolproof right? They found the per cent of uninsured drivers
was the same in both states.

In this state you do not have to insure motorcycles. The DMV doesn't
really consider them serious vehicles. At one time you had to pay your
registration every year like cars. I think it was about 20 years ago
when they switched to a one time fee and the plates were good while you
owned the bike. When I went in to pay it the clerk said 'This is the
last time you'll have to come down and register your toys.'

I thought it was down to just one or two states that did not require
liability insurance. And they should.

And yet one has to pay for uninsured motorists...

--
Tekkie